Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

DxO 6 - a non starter?

bychan
Posted 07/03/2010 - 20:11 Link
I've downloaded a trial of the latest version of DxO, having read that it produces excellent results for nature/landscapes.

However I can't get it to process any of my PEF's, from both old K100D and current Kx files (also won't recognise DNG files). After adding images to a project using the DxO default settings, hovering the mouse over any of the images comes up with the message 'cannot be processed because image has no recognised colour data'.

As it stands I can't get it to do anything.
Is it a case of human error on my behalf?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Regards
Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
Mannesty
Posted 07/03/2010 - 23:11 Link
Works for me on K20D .PEF's.

I have noticed that neither of the two cameras you mentioned are in the list of supported Pentax models. Could that be the reason its not working for you?
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Edited by Mannesty: 07/03/2010 - 23:22
bychan
Posted 08/03/2010 - 23:48 Link
Mannesty wrote:
Works for me on K20D .PEF's.

I have noticed that neither of the two cameras you mentioned are in the list of supported Pentax models. Could that be the reason its not working for you?

Thanks Peter.
It does seem that if the camera isn't listed then it's a non starter.

Thankfully it's only a trial version (well, it would have been a trial had it worked).

Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
PG
Posted 09/03/2010 - 19:28 Link
That's both the advantage and the curse of DXO. If your camera body + lens combo is supported, it produces the most gorgeous results especially if you couple it with the optional Film Pack. The downside is that they're rather slow to support camera/lens combinations. I'm still waiting for them to add the combination of the DA* 16-50 and 50-135 with a K7 body
PhilipGoh.com - Wedding and Portrait Photographer

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.