Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Dusk, Parks and flashguns....

Posted 16/02/2010 - 22:15 Link
Last ones I will bombard you with for today.....

I took these with off camera flash on a hill in a local country park near to where I grew up, but haven't lived since 1996. This is my cousin, who has a degree in photography and was thinking up ideas on a photo walk over xmas....I hope you like them. Would love to hear what you think! Cheers in advance!

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Cheers!

John
My Flickr page. Please feel free to view https://www.flickr.com/photos/23025412@N00
womble
Posted 16/02/2010 - 22:36 Link
I really like the first one. The pose in the second one is a bit weird but the lighting and the conversion suit the setting. The third one does nothing for me (sorry) and the snow is too blue. I like the last three and one can take ones pick which you prefer. Personally I like the third [sixth] one but only because I am fond of the Wrekin. Were these from the top of Caer Caradoc?

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
thoughton
Posted 16/02/2010 - 23:04 Link
The first one is great, although I wouldn't have guessed country park just by looking at it
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 17/02/2010 - 07:56 Link
Kris,

The second shot was a candid I took of him while he was thinking of ideas and where to go to take more shots. I just liked it with the juxtaposition of looking like he is a praying in such an urban environment....

Yeah, the snow is a bit blue, agreed, but I am still in the learning stages with PS and Lightroom and didn't know how to keep the colour of the snow while I did the rest of the adjustments....to be fair, it was very late in the day anyway, so light getting dark and there wasn't much to work with, but bringing out the colours in the rest and toning it down for the flash made everything look a touch blue....

The last three I really liked....I had never used the macro facility on the lens and saw the snow and ice on there and had a go and this is what came out. No, wasn't taken up there, but know where you mean....this is the toroscope at the top of the hill at Baggeridge Country Park, quite some way away!!!

Tim, it was a tunnel that led under a private road IN the country park....hence the confusion....
My Flickr page. Please feel free to view https://www.flickr.com/photos/23025412@N00

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.