Doom and Gloom

Kim C
Posted 15/10/2007 - 09:45 Link
I can sympatise with exactly what you say. Both the istD and the K10 are very convenient but I am still struggling to get good shots out of either of them. Not so with the LX or to a lesser extent the MZ-S. Both feel "right" and I can concentrate on looking for the shot rather than taking the photo. I will continue to persevere with the dSLRs but in the meantime I will also be looking for a decnt film scanner. My old Nikon Coolscan III just doesn't do the negs/slides justice.

Kim
SPB
Posted 15/10/2007 - 17:09 Link
In the past I used Canon. Today I am more than happy with the Pentax K10d, it has many things going for it. I love the controls and the placement. Then I like very much the colours that are captured. It took no time to feel at home with this piece of kit, so when I read negative comments in reviews, I sometimes think the reviewer is either biased or just plain stupid and there have been some highly biased reviews haven't they. So many, that I very rarely bother with reviews now as I do not trust them.

Someone else said, all camera manufactuurers make good cameras these days. On reflection, I would agree, and each different make handles some things differently, that is why this subject of which make of camera is and has always been subjective.

For DSLR I made my choice and that is Pentax.
fatspider
Posted 18/10/2007 - 02:30 Link
Quote:
When people have asked me for advice on which make of camera to buy, I've always said look at Pentax, Nikon and Canon; buy the obe that looks and feels best to you because then you will make better pictures.
I say buy a box brownie, if your a good enough photographer its all you should need thats why I have a K10D
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo