Dog Trust Dog, Dunstall Castle
Posted 22/08/2019 - 11:21
Link
Architecturally I like the last one best. Always a good idea to capture a familiar object from an unfamiliar position.
Of course the Dog lover in me means your first picture gets my vote. Lovely boy, what is his name ? I am a supporter of the Dogs Trust, they do good work.
Of course the Dog lover in me means your first picture gets my vote. Lovely boy, what is his name ? I am a supporter of the Dogs Trust, they do good work.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 22/08/2019 - 11:38
Link
thanks for comment, his name is Jax, thats what he came with so we kept it. Dunstall castle was something i saw on a site ages ago and as i had to go to Tewkesbury it gave me the chance to go and see it plus i had just bought a Sigma 10-20 , for the 3rd time which i wanted to try. that is the Castle shot.
Posted 22/08/2019 - 12:27
Link
3 and 5 really singing for me.
Good work, thanks for sharing.
Good work, thanks for sharing.
Posted 22/08/2019 - 22:46
Link
Yes, #5 is great - and, if the stone and sky are similar to #1, a colour version would probably also appeal to me.
Philip
Philip
Posted 23/08/2019 - 01:27
Link
I like 5 too. You have been very painstaking with the composition and it has paid off well. We have had two Dogs' Trust dogs - both lurchers and both totally lovable.
Posted 23/08/2019 - 17:13
Link
I am not saying I don’t like the colour version of no.5 but I think the highlight versus shadow argument works better in the b+W version
Yes our Rio arrived at 4 months already named. It would just seem wrong not to continue with his appellation.
Yes our Rio arrived at 4 months already named. It would just seem wrong not to continue with his appellation.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 23/08/2019 - 19:26
Link
I thought I might like a colour version...and I do...version A.
Philip
Philip
Posted 23/08/2019 - 19:27
Link
Definitely the B&W version of No. 5 for me. With the B&W version, my eyes are drawn to the arch, with the colour version my eyes go to the blue sky. And an honourable mention for No. 2, too. The starburst might be a bit of a cliche, but in combination with the shaft of light through the arch it works for me.
The real star, though, is of course your Dogs Trust Dog. Looks like lots of lovable fun ahead !! We're on our 3rd rescued dog (a lurcher) - we're getting older, slower and greyer together...
Steve
The real star, though, is of course your Dogs Trust Dog. Looks like lots of lovable fun ahead !! We're on our 3rd rescued dog (a lurcher) - we're getting older, slower and greyer together...
Steve
Posted 23/08/2019 - 21:19
Link
redbusa99 wrote:
thing is he is the wifes dog, he puts up with me.
I recognise that attitude in a dog! thing is he is the wifes dog, he puts up with me.
Steve
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.




1700 posts
17 years
stroud,glos
Jax
Dunstall Castle, not a Castle but a grade 2 listed ruin of a folly that was once part of the Croome Estate but the estate shrunk in size over the years and this is now just stood at the side of the road near Earls Coome village. One of the towers has a staircase in that can be climbed to see the view but only on certain days in the year, the same is true of the Panorama Tower in the park. imagine this place will be nice for photography come Autumn with trees,river and lake in the grounds.
1. Dunstall Castle
2. Falling Star, 8mm Samyang FE
3. The Tower
4. Solarised Arches
5. Stretching Skywards
Flickr