Do You Zoom?
Posted 25/07/2014 - 11:26
Link
Hi John
As a family we replaced our compact camera which has 28-200 mm zoom in 35 equivelant.My wife uses it mostly, when I use it, I very rarely use the zoom,and checking my wifes pics she hardly ever uses the zoom, so I would say 90% of our pics are shot at 28mm. Like you I have had my eye on the GR in the past and am now convinced i will buy one because of the above reasons and info from useing the compact, but need better resolution than it offers me. How to fund it i am thinking of selling my 70mm limited which I never use. I like the idea of a big sensor in small compact body and fixed lens, make you think more about your shot hopefully!
Andy
As a family we replaced our compact camera which has 28-200 mm zoom in 35 equivelant.My wife uses it mostly, when I use it, I very rarely use the zoom,and checking my wifes pics she hardly ever uses the zoom, so I would say 90% of our pics are shot at 28mm. Like you I have had my eye on the GR in the past and am now convinced i will buy one because of the above reasons and info from useing the compact, but need better resolution than it offers me. How to fund it i am thinking of selling my 70mm limited which I never use. I like the idea of a big sensor in small compact body and fixed lens, make you think more about your shot hopefully!
Andy
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


584 posts
14 years
Melbourne,
Victoria
For the Ebay pictures I zoom to a longer focal length to get a better perspective and for normal shooting I zoom always.
Regards, Horst