do you ever find yourself wishing......

Mongoose

Link Posted 03/12/2006 - 01:27
there was a way to put a digital sensor in your K1000?

To have control simplicity and match needle metering with digital recording?

or is it just me?

johnriley

Link Posted 03/12/2006 - 08:31
In theory you could design a relacement back that contained the CCD and all the electronics, but in practice there could be huge difficulties. e-film did have a prototype that fitted like a film, but it never materialised commercially.

I prefer the new DSLRs as they are - fully integrated designs that work impeccably. Not so sure I would want a heavy metal hybrid version!

Best regards, John

Anonymous

Link Posted 03/12/2006 - 12:20
Hi Mongoose,

I have 4 manual bodies in screw mount, K mount and KA mount. Each camera is unique in both its abilities and its "shortcomings".

With time and familiarity, I have found what each of these darlings excells in, and tend to use them as their specialities are called-for: telephoto, wide angle, macro etc.

I have never wished that there was one camera that did everything perfectly - a quest that will drive one crazy (and bankrupt). Maybe that is why some religions allow multiple marriages, where a wealthy man can appreciate the singular beauty of each wife.

I'm not allowed to even think about that option - thus this note in the wee hours - nor do I think I'd be able to handle such an arrangement, but I do see the wisdom in it. There is no perfect spouse and there is no perfect camera. Yea, though we strive in both arenas, as is man's custom.

The K1000 is special in the Pentax evolution and famous for being exactly and only, what it is. Natural selection eliminates inferior models rather quickly, but the K1000 lives on in its quiet simplicity, and will for many years to come.

I wish you a long and very happy adventure with yours.

Mongoose

Link Posted 03/12/2006 - 13:15
nicely worded Mac, yes I suspect my K1000, battered though she is, will be clicking every time I hit the shutter long after my *istDL2 is junk.

both great cameras for now though and I intend to enjoy them both for many years.

Don

Link Posted 03/12/2006 - 13:25
I consider the perfect woman to be the one that'l have me.
cameras on the otherhand are disposable. use'em, abuse'em and toss'em.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.