Discussion for Monthly Competition #23 - Around Midday

GlynM

Link Posted 01/05/2014 - 14:25
Here is the place for any discussion or comments for Monthly Competition #23 - Around Midday.

The competition brief is:
Quote:
Landscape photographers, for example, are encouraged to capture their images at dawn or dusk to achieve the best results but I am sure you should be able to come up with some excellent photographs taken around the middle of the day.

So for this competition I would like to see images that were shot around midday. These do not have to be landscapes but could be anything captured around the middle of the day. As unusual I will be looking for well crafted, original and interesting pictures.

As is traditional I will stop looking in here once the first image is posted so that any of your comments do not influence the results.

Good Luck,

Glyn

johnriley

Link Posted 01/05/2014 - 16:38
Oh dear, first photo in and I've had to delete it because it was shot in April.

Not a good start, so please remember images have to be shot in May 2014 for this competition.
Best regards, John
Last Edited by johnriley on 01/05/2014 - 16:38

johnriley

Link Posted 02/05/2014 - 08:52
We're actually off to a dreadful start this time as the next two entries have also been removed.

Please do remember that the Monthly competition is intended for us to shoot new pictures for the brief set. So this May 2014 competition must be shot in May 2014.

Any pictures outside the date parameters will be removed when spotted.
Best regards, John

andrewjlennon5

Link Posted 02/05/2014 - 14:31
One of the photos removed was posted by me and I apologise for having given you work.

I misread the competition instructions to the effect that I thought I could submit any photo taken in the entire month prior to the competition ended.

johnriley

Link Posted 02/05/2014 - 16:22
Not a problem. The idea of the monthly is to set a task and then we go out and shoot it, thus stimulating our ideas.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.