Discussion: Weekly Competition No 9 - Water
Posted 04/09/2007 - 12:41
Link
So, you've got 3 days before you go...?
Dan
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 04/09/2007 - 13:06
Link
Nothing interesting to shoot though
Plus schedule this week is quite full.
I think it will be quite a popular competition.
Plus schedule this week is quite full.
I think it will be quite a popular competition.
Posted 04/09/2007 - 14:13
Link
Quote:
Well I don't think I'll be taking part. I fly off to Scotland on Friday and am back Monday with no way or processing or uploading images. I can still browse the forum but can't actually do anything else.
Lots of things to shoot in Scotland. Ah well...
Just back from a few days up in the North West of Scotland myself. I wish I'd know the theme was going to be water before I got back though as I'd have looked harder for a suitable entry!
Well I don't think I'll be taking part. I fly off to Scotland on Friday and am back Monday with no way or processing or uploading images. I can still browse the forum but can't actually do anything else.
Lots of things to shoot in Scotland. Ah well...
Posted 05/09/2007 - 05:14
Link
Prieni: I love your entry and the way you got the flowers reflecting into the droplets is wonderful. If i was judging it would be hard to beat. But thats just my opinion we dont want to influence the judge do we
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 05/09/2007 - 08:51
Link
Quote:
Prieni: I love your entry and the way you got the flowers reflecting into the droplets is wonderful. If i was judging it would be hard to beat. But thats just my opinion we dont want to influence the judge do we
Thanks Clarky, Prieni: I love your entry and the way you got the flowers reflecting into the droplets is wonderful. If i was judging it would be hard to beat. But thats just my opinion we dont want to influence the judge do we
getting the background right was one of the main problems (the others being that I had to crane my neck and hold the camera in quite an uncomfortable way and to get the timing right (I saw some wonderful pics through the viewfinder when the measurement flash was fired)).
Of course we don't want to influence the judge, far from it. If the judge can't see a profound work of art and doesn't appreciate the sublime sociological and philosophical aspects and implications of a masterpiece then she would be immune to any reasoning, however subtle it may be.
What did you say you drink?
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Posted 05/09/2007 - 19:45
Link
Prieni: My daughter also thinks your shot is very cool (as do I) - I've just taken something similar while testing a Cosina macro lens that has just arrived and I can appreciate the effort it will have taken to get the background just right (the one I did just shows the kitchen tiles behind the tap as being in focus!).
Posted 05/09/2007 - 20:44
Link
Quote:
Nothing in your archives then, Tyr? Come on...
Nothing that I'd consider worthy of putting up against other people's work. I think I need something that stands out. I really have no good shots of water either. If I can get my K10D to compress a JPEG I may be able to post something from Scotland but it would take ages.Nothing in your archives then, Tyr? Come on...
I have about 660 images that I have taken, most of which are with my K10 in le last few months. I have nothing which really shows off skill, ingenuity and thought with water as the theme.
Lastly, I like to come up with something new each time and not just look at what I've already got. It is more challenging.
Oh, and I've already packed my camera.
Posted 06/09/2007 - 10:47
Link
Quote:
Of course we don't want to influence the judge, far from it. If the judge can't see a profound work of art and doesn't appreciate the sublime sociological and philosophical aspects and implications of a masterpiece then she would be immune to any reasoning, however subtle it may be.
What did you say you drink?
BEER and lots of it
Of course we don't want to influence the judge, far from it. If the judge can't see a profound work of art and doesn't appreciate the sublime sociological and philosophical aspects and implications of a masterpiece then she would be immune to any reasoning, however subtle it may be.
What did you say you drink?
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 09/09/2007 - 12:44
Link
Great picture George, has gone a long way towards convincing me that I need a 31mm Ltd
Posted 09/09/2007 - 12:48
Link
Quote:
Great picture George, has gone a long way towards convincing me that I need a 31mm Ltd
I agree and it would have done very well in the reflection comp also. Great picture George, has gone a long way towards convincing me that I need a 31mm Ltd
But then again you did get second in that didnt you
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 09/09/2007 - 13:22
Link
Quote:
But then again you did get second in that didnt you
That was another G - Gartmore.stevejcoe wrote:
Great picture George, has gone a long way towards convincing me that I need a 31mm Ltd
I agree and it would have done very well in the reflection comp also. Great picture George, has gone a long way towards convincing me that I need a 31mm Ltd
But then again you did get second in that didnt you
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2176 posts
19 years
West Midlands
Lots of things to shoot in Scotland. Ah well...
Dan
https://www.flickr.com/photos/honourabletyr/