Discussion: Weekly Competition #19 The Monochrome Landscape

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 12/11/2007 - 23:52
Flying a bit low this morning weren't you Dirk?

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...

Zach Abubeker

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 04:36
i see mr bridge is at it again well done!

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 11:45
Zach Abubeker wrote:
i see mr bridge is at it again well done!

What, posting sarcastic comments or entering the competition again?

Dan

Kim C

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 12:46
Probably both. Actually it reminds me of an airborne shot I got of a castle in Scotland just South of Galoot's stamping ground. I don't want to publish it because we were rather looking up at the castle.

Kim

McBrian

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 13:07
Kim C wrote:
Probably both. Actually it reminds me of an airborne shot I got of a castle in Scotland just South of Galoot's stamping ground. I don't want to publish it because we were rather looking up at the castle.
Kim

Could you have been the pilot that I nearly downed with a golf ball

Senario............

Leven municiple golf course stands about 100ft above the beach, the 9th hole is a 125yd pitch to the green which is about another 50-60ft above the tee, hit ball with wedge, ball rises say another 75ft above green.... WHOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!.........two RAF Tornadoes scream in from Largo bay at approx 250ft....I will never know if my ball went over or under because I had to close my eyes and cover my ears as the noise was horrendous, I'm sure it was pretty damn close though
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 13:18
McBrian wrote:
...I will never know if my ball went over or under...

You might have made a hole in one!

Dan

P.S. Just realised, yes, it's the bad jokes/sarcastic comments...

Kim C

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 13:21
Definately not me. This was something much much slower. Mind you in the days before thr Shack was fitted with a Rad Alt, if you needed an accurate pressure setting for the pressure one, you descended untill you got the prop wash in the water and then set the Alt to 25'

Kim

karma mechanic

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 18:37
I'm stuck.

I could enter an old one like the Cotswold one in my gallery, but that's on a Sony. I haven't got any Pentax/Samsung ones yet, and its dark all the time...
My own website is www.richardgaddphotography.com

Also on 500px

johnriley

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 19:42
Don't be stuck, be happy, and just post a picture....

Best regards, John

Mr. Ist

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 20:33
(Possible silly question coming up)

Does monochrome have to be black and white - or could it be for example red/white??

Awaiting someone's learned response

johnriley

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 20:43
Quote:
Does monochrome have to be black and white - or could it be for example red/white??

Monochrome means "one colour" and white, so read and white would be fine. In other words, toned pictures are included in monochrome. This would usually be sepia but could be blue, green or whatever other single colour you like. Selenium toning looks good as well.

Hope that clarifies it!
Best regards, John

dirk1000

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 22:08
Daniel Bridge wrote:
Flying a bit low this morning weren't you Dirk?

Dan

Yes Dan, it was at a little bit low altitude. But if the rivals in the competition (like Lilly and others) follow uploading these quality images, I think next time I had to fly another few feet lower…

Best regards.

pschlute

Link Posted 13/11/2007 - 22:46
I have to make the following comment:

I am glad I am not judging this weeks competition. We are only Tuesday but what I have seen already has to make this the best competition yet......wow. A set of fantastic pictures. Monochrome (or B+W) is a great medium.
Peter

My Flickr page

niblue

Link Posted 14/11/2007 - 10:05
pschlute wrote:
I have to make the following comment:

I am glad I am not judging this weeks competition. We are only Tuesday but what I have seen already has to make this the best competition yet......wow. A set of fantastic pictures. Monochrome (or B+W) is a great medium.

Agreed - best entry so far by a considerable distance!

justgetoutandride

Link Posted 14/11/2007 - 15:13
I am somewhat surprised (and disappointed) at the number of 'photoshopped' entries, some are obvious but not mentioned, others are mentioned but not obvious (to me anyway).

is this competition for the 'final image' regardless of how achieved, or is it to be an image subjected only to minor post processing?

I ask because I can get some wonderful skies off the web to spice up some of my mundane photo's. or I can get some excellent grand canyon shots to go with my moody skies.

yours devils advocatly,
Please call me aj,

I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)

http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.