disaster

stu62

Link Posted 16/04/2016 - 22:23
to day was not a good day as a trip to corfe castle as sent my 17/70 in to meltdown
will focuse in but wont take a shot on the k3ii and befor you say any thing the 55/300 works fine
any suggestions befor i go and see chris next week if hes in lol

fritzthedog

Link Posted 17/04/2016 - 10:20
H Stu

Assuming you have done the obvious and cleaned the connections and had the same settings on the body for the 55-300 - it may be part of the lazy SDM issue these are known for.

With my 17-70 - if I have not used it for a couple of weeks - sometimes - but not always - and more so in cold weather - the SDM becomes lazy and I can get a 'false' in focus reading but the camera will not fire.

Is the front ring moving freely when you change the focal length? If not - I 'exercise' mine gradually by manually moving the ring very slightly with one finger and keeping my finger lightly on the ring - press the shutter half way - gradually by repeating this - moving the ring further each time , I start feeling the motor 'bite' properly. After a few repeats at various lengths - mine always 'wakes up - focuses properly and fires -

Good luck

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

stu62

Link Posted 17/04/2016 - 13:22
Hi Carl she focus s in fine she just don't fire

fritzthedog

Link Posted 17/04/2016 - 17:02
Hi Stu

Yes - I understood that from your first post. The point is - in my experience - with the 17-70 - focus can look fine with the camera indicating focus is locked in, but if the SDM is not quite right - camera will not fire

Yours may be a completely different issue Stu but what you describe happens with mine and what I described fixes it for me.

Good luck

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.