Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Dear Pentax, this is good bye.

Algernon
Posted 17/10/2018 - 19:22 Link
Samsung cameras were Doomed! from the minute they switched over to mirrorless

There is a rumour that Pentax might use a Samsung sensor in a future camera.

Pentax celebrate 100 years next year and I expect a Big Bang! from the explosion of the new releases
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
jeallen01
Posted 17/10/2018 - 21:23 Link
@Algernon

Not just Samsung cameras no longer "with us" - only just found out that Samsung sold its printer division to HP in 2016, and there's me having moved from HP laser monos to Samsung laser monos a couple of years before that!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Don
Posted 17/10/2018 - 22:39 Link
actually there's rumors on other forums about new Pentax releases including mirrorless with an all new mount....
leaked by some guy named Assaho man or something like that.
shame really he didn't leak any specs....
but I need to upgrade sooner rather than later and it would be my luck that the announcement would come in jan or feb, models not released till April or June, then when it finally hits the stores... the video specs and af would be eight years behind the competition anyways...
Pentax is a photographers company. oh well. sour grapes... lol
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Edited by Don: 17/10/2018 - 22:54
Don
Posted 17/10/2018 - 22:41 Link
Algernon wrote:
Samsung cameras were Doomed! from the minute they switched over to mirrorless

There is a rumour that Pentax might use a Samsung sensor in a future camera.

Pentax celebrate 100 years next year and I expect a Big Bang! from the explosion of the new releases
--

ah yes.. I bought a k10 and a pentax *Is-doomed ds2 back in the day.. lol!
pschlute
Posted 17/10/2018 - 23:26 - Helpful Comment Link
Don wrote:
actually there's rumors on other forums about new Pentax releases including mirrorless with an all new mount....

"Asahi man" on DPR is the fellow you are talking about. He does not give many details away but his comments/leaks about upcoming announcements have been very accurate. The K1 II for example.

But beware , the folks on that site make up their own interpretations of what he says. I do not recall him saying anything other than to expect a continued full-frame output from pentax and to expect surprises for 2019, the 100 year aniversary of the founding of the original Asahi company which evolved later into Asahi-Pentax.
Edited by pschlute: 17/10/2018 - 23:28
DOIK
Posted 18/10/2018 - 08:10 Link
Now a K-01-11 Would be a surprise .
John
Don
Posted 18/10/2018 - 13:43 Link
pschlute wrote:
Don wrote:

"Asahi man" on DPR is the fellow you are talking about. He does not give many details away but his comments/leaks about upcoming announcements have been very accurate. The K1 II for example.

But beware , the folks on that site make up their own interpretations of what he says. I do not recall him saying anything other than to expect a continued full-frame output from pentax and to expect surprises for 2019, the 100 year aniversary of the founding of the original Asahi company which evolved later into Asahi-Pentax.

yep I would expect gold trimmed k1 II kit with grip and 31 ltd in a loverly gift box to be the big anniversary package.
JAK
Posted 18/10/2018 - 13:55 Link
Don wrote:
yep I would expect gold trimmed k1 II kit with grip and 31 ltd in a loverly gift box to be the big anniversary package.

Sounds about right. 31 or DFA*50?

Or perhaps they've found a pallet of unsold K1000s and reboxing them as an anniversary product with a free roll of Ektachrome included
John K
johnha
Posted 18/10/2018 - 14:50 Link
JAK wrote:
Or perhaps they've found a pallet of unsold K1000s and reboxing them as an anniversary product with a free roll of Ektachrome included

Nah, they'd have to remove the meter to give the photographer 'full freedom of expression' because they just seem to get in the way - more like an SV.
Algernon
Posted 18/10/2018 - 16:17 Link
I think I heard a rumour that there was to be a special retro film makers silent camera for the 100th year Celebrations. B&W only obviously. Asahi Brass f/10 Lens. 10fps (sometimes) video with built in fx such as flickering and burnt out picture..... realistic scratches and fake projector acetate burns. Special presentation slides with written dialogue such as "Meanwhile Back at the Ranch" plus a book of pianoforte score suitable for playing along to your homemade movies

Free family pass to a local flea pit to watch a Talkie

From the days when the words movies and Pentax were inseparable a chance to win one of these with the 100 year logo

PROJECTOR-PENTAX-EBAY

--
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 18/10/2018 - 16:34

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.