Dawn on the Camel Estuary

RobL
Posted 20/09/2020 - 13:22 Link
Down to Cornwall again for a week, after two days of fog (unfortunately not at water level) a forecast of a bright morning with some mist got me out of bed early only to discover the spare batteries I had charged ready were still at home! The one in the camera was showing half power so it was like the days of film when you rationed your shots. Anyhow here is one I liked as the boat was facing sideways for once.Comment Image
RobL
Posted 20/09/2020 - 15:43 Link
As I said the fog hung around for a couple of days so where do you go for moody shots? A church graveyard of course; I am kicking myself for cropping off the top of the spire in one! Had some fun with Silver Efex currently on trial.Comment Image

Comment Image
LennyBloke
Posted 20/09/2020 - 18:37 Link
Great shooting Rob - particularly that first image, beautiful colours, would love to see a decent size image
LennyBloke
womble
Posted 20/09/2020 - 21:52 Link
Lovely light in the first one but I would be tempted to crop the left hand side a little to get rid of the white gate. It draws my eye away from the main subject.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Sry
Posted 20/09/2020 - 23:03 Link
Very nice colours in the first, and a lovely quiet mood, Rob. The two church/graveyard images work quite well for me, cropped spire included. As a matter of fact, I prefer that one, with the tombstones more alive, so to speak, than the spire lost in the fog.
MrB
Posted 21/09/2020 - 09:00 Link
Number 2 is a good atmospheric shot but, as you admit, it is a shame about the cropped spire.

Philip

Comment Image
pschlute
Posted 21/09/2020 - 09:37 Link
Loving the colours in the first.
cardiffgareth
Posted 21/09/2020 - 09:59 Link
womble wrote:
Lovely light in the first one but I would be tempted to crop the left hand side a little to get rid of the white gate. It draws my eye away from the main subject.
Yes, was going to mention that also.

All nice images bar that.
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
RobL
Posted 21/09/2020 - 10:02 Link
Thanks very much all, LennyBloke I have posted the colour photo on Flickr: link and my website: link. Womble you are right about the white fence, instead of cropping I have locally reduced the white so it is a bit less obvious.
LennyBloke
Posted 21/09/2020 - 15:52 Link
RobL wrote:
Thanks very much all, LennyBloke I have posted the colour photo on Flickr: link and my website: link. Womble you are right about the white fence, instead of cropping I have locally reduced the white so it is a bit less obvious.
So much better - you get the intended impact
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo