Dawn on the Camel Estuary

RobL

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 13:22
Down to Cornwall again for a week, after two days of fog (unfortunately not at water level) a forecast of a bright morning with some mist got me out of bed early only to discover the spare batteries I had charged ready were still at home! The one in the camera was showing half power so it was like the days of film when you rationed your shots. Anyhow here is one I liked as the boat was facing sideways for once.

RobL

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 15:43
As I said the fog hung around for a couple of days so where do you go for moody shots? A church graveyard of course; I am kicking myself for cropping off the top of the spire in one! Had some fun with Silver Efex currently on trial.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 18:37
Great shooting Rob - particularly that first image, beautiful colours, would love to see a decent size image
LennyBloke

womble

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 21:52
Lovely light in the first one but I would be tempted to crop the left hand side a little to get rid of the white gate. It draws my eye away from the main subject.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Sry

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 23:03
Very nice colours in the first, and a lovely quiet mood, Rob. The two church/graveyard images work quite well for me, cropped spire included. As a matter of fact, I prefer that one, with the tombstones more alive, so to speak, than the spire lost in the fog.

MrB

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 09:00
Number 2 is a good atmospheric shot but, as you admit, it is a shame about the cropped spire.

Philip

pschlute

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 09:37
Loving the colours in the first.
Peter

My Flickr page

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 09:59
womble wrote:
Lovely light in the first one but I would be tempted to crop the left hand side a little to get rid of the white gate. It draws my eye away from the main subject.

Yes, was going to mention that also.

All nice images bar that.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

RobL

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 10:02
Thanks very much all, LennyBloke I have posted the colour photo on Flickr: link and my website: link. Womble you are right about the white fence, instead of cropping I have locally reduced the white so it is a bit less obvious.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 15:52
RobL wrote:
Thanks very much all, LennyBloke I have posted the colour photo on Flickr: link and my website: link. Womble you are right about the white fence, instead of cropping I have locally reduced the white so it is a bit less obvious.

So much better - you get the intended impact
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.