data recovery from memory cards (or even a knackered HD)
Posted 01/02/2007 - 20:21
Link
Thanks Liam but normally will stick to ZAR.
As it looks for a file extension and PEF is one of those listed it should work fine with any PEF file.
I'm not going to try crashing a drive to see if it works (I know ZAR does) but thanks for the link anyway.
Good luck with the Pool
As it looks for a file extension and PEF is one of those listed it should work fine with any PEF file.
I'm not going to try crashing a drive to see if it works (I know ZAR does) but thanks for the link anyway.
Good luck with the Pool
Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


931 posts
20 years
Bracknell Berkshire
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
I was looking through a few resource pages and found this.
Looks as though it was built around photograph data recovery, judging by the name (ooh! I'm a detective) and the file extensions it covers. It doesn't explicitly cover Pentax RAW files yet, but I assume all that's needed is a sample file for the writer to add this, and he has a contact at the bottom. If you think it's useful (Matt, Peter or Roger.. probably your area off expertise mainly), have a go and see if it works. I can submit a RAW file from a DL for him, but if anyone wants to send me a RAW file for other models, I'll happily forward them if that's the way it works.
Cheers
Liam.. oops, must go.. have to lose at pool tonight..
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas