DA 20-40 Limited

Vuillaume

Link Posted 07/06/2014 - 09:09
Hi,
does any here have hands on experience with the DA 20-40 Limited? I'm looking for a compact, walk around lens with WR. I'm thinking of IQ, sharpness and general thoughts about functionality
I do find the Sigma 18-35 to be much too big and heavy.

Many thanks,
Best regards
John

PPG link

MattyH

Link Posted 07/06/2014 - 13:58
Just sold mine a couple of weeks ago after selling my 21mm and 40mm ltd lens, as like you I wanted a all in one quality lens.

The lens line all Ltd lenses is beautifully built and the IQ is ok not as sharp being a zoom over primes, but not bad at all, the reason it had to go is the AF, it's bad, always slow and struggled to lock on indoors and overcast days.

I tried to let it go but after a weekend away, I ended up in the end leaving it in the hotel and taking my 18-135mm which never ever missed a beat in regards to focusing.

I don't want to put you off and I could of bought a bad one, but I am now back with my Ltd primes and couldn't be happier.

Helpful

chaude

Link Posted 07/06/2014 - 14:35
I took it on a backpacking trip to Armenia in March, whilst I normally just kick around with the 31mm.
It's light, and produces great images but as all would suggest it's not as good as the primes, and I never had to focus on fast moving things due to my photography subjects so that's not something I can really comment on. Or, I'm just not at the level that I'll go picking on the focus.

Size and weight wise, it's light, and compact enough, with excellent build quality. IQ and sharpness are good from what I've used it for, but again, it's just me. Saying that, no match with the 31mm but a decent lens all in all. Not everyone's taste, your best bet is to find one and try it really.

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.