DA 14 / 2.8 discontinued?
Posted 19/12/2012 - 18:05
Link
If you click on the link "Older products" the 14mm is in there, so it seems it is indeed discontinued.
Best regards, John
Posted 19/12/2012 - 22:00
Link
I've got one and I keep it, .. fantastic lens
https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/user-11496/evening-22397
https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/user-11496/indian-summer-22004
https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/user-11496/evening-22397
https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/user-11496/indian-summer-22004
Posted 19/12/2012 - 22:44
Link
senn wrote:
I've got one and I keep it, .. fantastic lens
https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/user-11496/evening-22397
https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/user-11496/indian-summer-22004
Same here. Love my DA14. Stunning lens indeed.
I've got one and I keep it, .. fantastic lens
https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/user-11496/evening-22397
https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/user-11496/indian-summer-22004
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 20/12/2012 - 06:07
Link
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Posted 20/12/2012 - 08:55
Link
The 50mm f/1.4 is still available in many places, although repudedly discontinued many years ago, so residual stocks can be moved around the world as demand dictates. I'm sure that the 14mm will be available somewhere for a long time, but not quite as long as the 50mm as numbers will be lower.
Best regards, John
Posted 20/12/2012 - 09:59
Link
johnriley wrote:
The 50mm f/1.4 is still available in many places, although repudedly discontinued many years ago, so residual stocks can be moved around the world as demand dictates. I'm sure that the 14mm will be available somewhere for a long time, but not quite as long as the 50mm as numbers will be lower.
The FA 50mm f/1.4 has never been discontinued and is still listedThe 50mm f/1.4 is still available in many places, although repudedly discontinued many years ago, so residual stocks can be moved around the world as demand dictates. I'm sure that the 14mm will be available somewhere for a long time, but not quite as long as the 50mm as numbers will be lower.
in the current line up.
Telephoto_Lenses
-
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 21/12/2012 - 13:23
Link
I was speaking with the Pentax Rep in Jessops today (Pentax rep? in Jessops? surely some mistake! LOL)
He confirmed with UK head office that the 14mm is now end of line. Bad news is that there don't appear to be any in Europe either.
Looks like that unless you are VERY lucky to find one in a shop, you will have to by the 15mm F4 instead.
He confirmed with UK head office that the 14mm is now end of line. Bad news is that there don't appear to be any in Europe either.
Looks like that unless you are VERY lucky to find one in a shop, you will have to by the 15mm F4 instead.
Some Cameras
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



2433 posts
15 years
Madrid / Edinburgh
Maybe the competition from the 15mm and the Sigma wide zooms have killed it off?
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses