D-GB5 question(s)

InFESTation

Link Posted 01/05/2014 - 19:07
I was having a wee glance at the battery grip on the pentax site, the images show the battery trays, the one for the std rechargeable cell also shows a memory card in the tray, is this just storage or does it increase capacity?

Also I take it the grip has to be removed each time to change the main camera battery, so how do the connector pins stand up to this, as my experiences with the D-connectors and alot of disconnections and re-connections ain't great.
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone

bforbes

Link Posted 01/05/2014 - 19:38
The memory card is just for storage. My longest running grip is on a K20 being transferred from a K10, and I've never had a problem with the connection.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Helpful

cabstar

Link Posted 01/05/2014 - 19:47
Ive had a few pins get stuck over the years but easily pulled out again with a pin. The card is just storage holder for the card and is not actually connected to the camera.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Helpful

vic cross

Link Posted 01/05/2014 - 19:58
It's handy in places where you're not supposed to photograph. Just pull the battery holder out with the spare card and show it to the official person then put it in your pocket. then with a wide angle lens shoot from the hip. It worked for me. Others were being told. NO photography and I kept on shooting. Of course it only works if the official knows nothing about the workings of a DSLR. Wasn't I naughty.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

InFESTation

Link Posted 01/05/2014 - 20:49
Thanks for the answers, just seen the offer for SRS so have a dilemma now, but still cleared up my concerns thank you.

cabstar wrote:
Ive had a few pins get stuck over the years but easily pulled out again with a pin. The card is just storage holder for the card and is not actually connected to the camera.

just another question on this, have you had to use an adhesive or was it just a matter of a wiggle and that released them?

vic cross wrote:
It's handy in places where you're not supposed to photograph. Just pull the battery holder out with the spare card and show it to the official person then put it in your pocket. then with a wide angle lens shoot from the hip. It worked for me. Others were being told. NO photography and I kept on shooting. Of course it only works if the official knows nothing about the workings of a DSLR. Wasn't I naughty.
CHEERS Vic.

Nice quick thinking
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.