Culture Show

thoughton
Posted 04/03/2011 - 01:02 Link
Completely by accident I caught an interesting interview on the Culture Show tonight with the photographer Rankin discussing other photographers' work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00z0d6y/The_Culture_Show_2010_2011_Episode...

Starts at 24:05.

Plus there is an interview with the photographer JR later in the same episode (at 39:10). JR is the guy who posts huge photos of eyes and faces on the sides of trains, and roofs of houses. A couple of months ago someone posted a link to a video of his recent project 'Women are heroes'.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Edited by thoughton: 04/03/2011 - 01:08
cabstar
Posted 04/03/2011 - 08:47 Link
cheers will watch that later, love rankins work.

have you seen his kirsten dunst & lily allen portraits? stunning work...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
SmutjeUK
Posted 04/03/2011 - 09:02 Link
Thanks for that. will watch it later on.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
thoughton
Posted 09/03/2011 - 10:07 Link
Sorry for the late reply, had forgotten about this thread . I looked up the Kirsten Dunst and Lilly Allen photos, they are very good indeed. Especially the Kirsten Dunst ones, I love that look! She doesn't look too bad with short hair either
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo