CS3 Bridge

Lilly
Posted 08/05/2009 - 00:06 Link
[IMG]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u193/lillymermaid/cache.jpg[/IMG]

Can anyone explain simply what the Purge Cache Thumbnails in Preferences in Bridge does? I suspect I need to use this command as Bridge does seem to be getting sluggish now and I have realised that the Adobe cache folder on my HD has 5GB of data!
I am a bit unsure whether to purge the thumbnails or not?
And should I check - export caches to folders?
website
BLOG
FLICKR

Pentax: K20D; FA50mm 1.4; FA135mm 2.8; FA 17-28mm; FA 80-320mm; AF360FGZ
Sigma: 30mm F1.4EXDC; 10-20mmEXDC ..... LENSBABY 'Composer' ,
johnriley
Posted 08/05/2009 - 00:10 Link
The cache is where files are stored to enable quick access when recalled. If it fills up, then there's no room left to do this and it will take longer to open a file.

A cache is created with web pages too, to enable faster access.

Eventually the cache will need to be purged so it can start again.
Best regards, John
ttk
Posted 08/05/2009 - 07:22 Link
Lilly depending on how much you use CS3/Bridge purge once a week will be fine.
Tel,

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo