Croft Nostalgia Weekend, the Arron view

simonarron

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 09:35
In the slipstream of Barrie Forbes' fine photos from the weekend just past, here's my take on the Croft Nostalgia event...

1 - The prevailing ambience (K-5 IIs, Tamron 17-50)

2 - Unspoilt North Yorkshire (K-6 IIs, Sigma 50-150, 1/125)

3 - Fine tuning (K-3, 17-50)

4 - Charge of the backlight brigade (K-3, DA300)

5 - Weird science (K-5 IIs, 70-200)

6 - Aerial aerobatics (K-3, DA300)

7 - Partially terrestrial aerobatics (K3, DA300)

8 - You've been framed (K-5 IIs, 70-200)

9 - Two-way traffic (K-5 IIs, DA300)

10 - Farewell (K-3, DA300)

Blythman

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 10:39
Superb set Simon. As ever, your panning technique is perfect, and I particularly like Weird Science
Alan

PPG
Flickr

bforbes

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 19:37
As Alan has said, the panning is perfect. I had trouble all day trying to achieve the correct amount of wheel blur while keeping the car sharp

My favourite is probably Partially terrestrial aerobatics, because of the action.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

davidtrout

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 20:20
Excellent Simon. Can always rely on you to do great motor sport photos.
David.
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

K10D

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 23:54
Wonderful images Simon.

A circuit I used to shoot at in the late 70's.

Best regards

fritzthedog

Link Posted 13/08/2015 - 08:03
Up to your usual standard Simon, particularly like the unusual 'you've been framed'.

Shame we did not manage to meet up on the day. We did see you a couple of times in areas we couldn't get to. We also heard of your whereabouts from an amazed Pentax user we bumped in to who told us with a look of incredulity on his face - "there's a pro inside the barrier with a Pentax!" .

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

simonarron

Link Posted 13/08/2015 - 09:13
Thanks, all.

Carl, I think 'pro' is stretching it a bit. I am first and foremost a writer, but the photography often goes hand in hand with the day job. The Pentax user you encountered might not have been referring to me - there was another accredited snapper using Pentax, too. He was shooting for a local paper with a couple of K20Ds.

The 'you've been framed' shot was taken on the far side of the circuit, about as far from public reach as it's possible to get. I hadn't seen any other yellow bibs venture that far, so thought I'd explore (which involved walking through lots of thistles - not a great idea when armed only with shorts). Marshals allowed me to use an unmanned tower and the tree framed the Formula Ford cars quite nicely. I later tried the same shot with the saloons, but it worked only with Hillman Imps and Minis. Everything else was too big...
Last Edited by simonarron on 13/08/2015 - 09:14

carmagw

Link Posted 14/08/2015 - 09:46
Nice set as usual Simon, particularly like 7 - Partially terrestrial aerobatics.

Regards

George
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.