CPL and 40mmLtd
Posted 05/07/2010 - 15:23
Link
Well thanks to Gartmore's brilliant suggestion the problem is solved
Since I do have 30.5mm filters for this [ UV , CPL and Warm ] made by Hoya I've tried screwing the filter into the front of the hood AND IT WORKS And the lens cap goes on .
Now for anyone who wants to try this - have fun getting your 30.5mm filters They are NOT easy to find , which is why so many seem to use 49mm ones without the hood.
Since I do have 30.5mm filters for this [ UV , CPL and Warm ] made by Hoya I've tried screwing the filter into the front of the hood AND IT WORKS And the lens cap goes on .
Now for anyone who wants to try this - have fun getting your 30.5mm filters They are NOT easy to find , which is why so many seem to use 49mm ones without the hood.
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 05/07/2010 - 15:27
Link
robbie_d wrote:
Stefan,
Is that a 30.5mm pinch cap to replace the screw-in one that comes with the lens?
Good idea if so, the fiddly cap is about the only drawback of this lens that anyone reports.
BTW, was that picture taken due to a forthcoming sale of your DA 40mm?
Yes, did you get that little cap with the lens? I only got the screw on one.
Stefan,
Is that a 30.5mm pinch cap to replace the screw-in one that comes with the lens?
Good idea if so, the fiddly cap is about the only drawback of this lens that anyone reports.
BTW, was that picture taken due to a forthcoming sale of your DA 40mm?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 05/07/2010 - 15:31
Link
techno-terminator wrote:
Well thanks to Gartmore's brilliant suggestion the problem is solved
Since I do have 30.5mm filters for this [ UV , CPL and Warm ] made by Hoya I've tried screwing the filter into the front of the hood AND IT WORKS And the lens cap goes on .
Now for anyone who wants to try this - have fun getting your 30.5mm filters They are NOT easy to find , which is why so many seem to use 49mm ones without the hood.
Glad you got it sorted TT.
Well thanks to Gartmore's brilliant suggestion the problem is solved
Since I do have 30.5mm filters for this [ UV , CPL and Warm ] made by Hoya I've tried screwing the filter into the front of the hood AND IT WORKS And the lens cap goes on .
Now for anyone who wants to try this - have fun getting your 30.5mm filters They are NOT easy to find , which is why so many seem to use 49mm ones without the hood.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 05/07/2010 - 15:39
Link
techno-terminator wrote:
which is why so many seem to use 49mm ones without the hood.
Not only for that but the 49mm is the most used filter thread for Pentax, roughly 1/3th of the lenses use it if not more.which is why so many seem to use 49mm ones without the hood.
Also all the DA limited use 49mm so if you get a the set complete you only need one filter for them all.
Posted 05/07/2010 - 15:43
Link
gartmore wrote:
Yes, did you get that little cap with the lens? I only got the screw on one.
I also only got the screw on one, someone was selling his DA40 on the Pentaxforums and he got it from some place else the clip-on lens cap.
Yes, did you get that little cap with the lens? I only got the screw on one.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ