Courses and Qualifications
Posted 08/04/2007 - 11:11
Link
Try this link.
http://www10.employersguide.org.uk/search/EGT_courseSearch.jsp
If you are not aware of the LSC they are a government body who fund many of the colleges and private providers under mainstream provision or things like Train to Gain.
The link will allow you to find courses in your area and accredited providers.
Try putting in Photography and you'll get all sorts of options like
Photography
Art & Design
Film / Video / Television Production
Art
Graphics Software (Use)
http://www10.employersguide.org.uk/search/EGT_courseSearch.jsp
If you are not aware of the LSC they are a government body who fund many of the colleges and private providers under mainstream provision or things like Train to Gain.
The link will allow you to find courses in your area and accredited providers.
Try putting in Photography and you'll get all sorts of options like
Photography
Art & Design
Film / Video / Television Production
Art
Graphics Software (Use)
Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.
Posted 08/04/2007 - 20:32
Link
Thanks for the link.
lenscape
K20D, K10D, K-m, MZ3, Metz 58-AF1, Optio MX4 & Linux.(No Windows)
(Gone: *istD, ME Super, Super-A)
K20D, K10D, K-m, MZ3, Metz 58-AF1, Optio MX4 & Linux.(No Windows)
(Gone: *istD, ME Super, Super-A)
Posted 10/04/2007 - 08:19
Link
Have you considered night classes?
Several years ago I did three in succession, the first was a beginers course, I thought I didn't need to do it but they said I couldn't go straight onto the advanced course, It wasn't a waste of time though as I did learn something, that came from being made to study other photographers work.
The second was more to my liking with set assignments, the third was a Black and White course on developing and printing etc.
After the second course the Tutor told us we were qualified enough to skip the first year of a Degree at University, I did seriously consider doing it but finally decided that having letters behind my name would not make me a better photographer, I have later regretted the decision.
My advice is go for it.
Several years ago I did three in succession, the first was a beginers course, I thought I didn't need to do it but they said I couldn't go straight onto the advanced course, It wasn't a waste of time though as I did learn something, that came from being made to study other photographers work.
The second was more to my liking with set assignments, the third was a Black and White course on developing and printing etc.
After the second course the Tutor told us we were qualified enough to skip the first year of a Degree at University, I did seriously consider doing it but finally decided that having letters behind my name would not make me a better photographer, I have later regretted the decision.
My advice is go for it.
Posted 12/04/2007 - 01:33
Link
Hi.
Work and parental commitments rule out night classes at the moment but also, the local colleges don't have anything very useful.
I'm considering a home study course.
Work and parental commitments rule out night classes at the moment but also, the local colleges don't have anything very useful.
I'm considering a home study course.
lenscape
K20D, K10D, K-m, MZ3, Metz 58-AF1, Optio MX4 & Linux.(No Windows)
(Gone: *istD, ME Super, Super-A)
K20D, K10D, K-m, MZ3, Metz 58-AF1, Optio MX4 & Linux.(No Windows)
(Gone: *istD, ME Super, Super-A)
Posted 12/04/2007 - 10:37
Link
There's also ICS in the UK,
http://www.icslearn.co.uk/creative-skills-leisure-courses/photography/
They're basic courses, but you get a City &Guilds certificate out of it. I used ICS many years ago for a Motor Cycle Mechanics course, and they are pretty good. It was long before t'internet, so I can only assume that they're even better now.
Cheers
Liam
http://www.icslearn.co.uk/creative-skills-leisure-courses/photography/
They're basic courses, but you get a City &Guilds certificate out of it. I used ICS many years ago for a Motor Cycle Mechanics course, and they are pretty good. It was long before t'internet, so I can only assume that they're even better now.
Cheers
Liam
Liam
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


245 posts
19 years
UK
What's out there? What's worth doing? Has anyone any experience of suggestions?
Thanks.
K20D, K10D, K-m, MZ3, Metz 58-AF1, Optio MX4 & Linux.(No Windows)
(Gone: *istD, ME Super, Super-A)