Costume Dress

mr.mellow
Posted 15/09/2009 - 00:09 Link
Taken quickly before they disappeared around the next corner. Does anybody know what they are dressed as. I must have missed some sort of event being held in Lincoln Sat 13/09/09.

Comment Image
The older I get the faster I was.
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.

My Flickr link
fatspider
Posted 15/09/2009 - 00:25 Link
Looks like "SteamPunk" David,

I did a quick search for SteamPunk+lincoln and came up with this;
link

So now you know.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Daniel Bridge
Posted 15/09/2009 - 11:37 Link
I wasn't aware of SteamPunk as such, just thought they looked a bit 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'. Just had a google for steampunk images and there are some amazing things been made. Especially like this.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
RR
Posted 15/09/2009 - 11:51 Link
Maybe you could be the first to design a steampunk DSLR ? Including cloth hood !
fatspider
Posted 15/09/2009 - 12:35 Link
Quote:
I wasn't aware of SteamPunk as such
To be honest I'm only aware of it myself through my interest in Wargaming, one of the systems I play is heavily influenced by the SteamPunk scene, and your referance to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen isn't too far off the mark anyway.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
mr.mellow
Posted 15/09/2009 - 12:50 Link
Thanks all. looks like I should have gone back again on Sunday.
The older I get the faster I was.
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.

My Flickr link
gartmore
Posted 15/09/2009 - 12:56 Link
Looks like a cross between Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Mad Max But whatever it is they spent a lot of time, effort and skill.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
andyvarney
Posted 15/09/2009 - 16:13 Link
Fascinating, I had never heard of it and I reckon to be in touch with these things.

A bit like the goth thing but without all the black.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!
andyvarney
Posted 15/09/2009 - 16:16 Link
And I love the fact the guy at the rear is carrying a (hopefully) replica gun - I bet that gets you a bit of attention
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!
Father Ted
Posted 15/09/2009 - 16:44 Link
andyvarney wrote:
Fascinating, I had never heard of it and I reckon to be in touch with these things.
Me neither, but it is probably the only fashion thing I'd consider getting into. It's a shame it wasn't around when I was younger. Then again..I do have the waiscoats and pocket watch, so maybe I'm halfway there
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
alun
Posted 15/09/2009 - 20:11 Link
Any idea what the girl is carrying in her right hand?
fatspider
Posted 15/09/2009 - 20:30 Link
alun wrote:
Any idea what the girl is carrying in her right hand?
I gave up trying to figure that one out, maybe she walking an invisible cyberdoggie
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Father Ted
Posted 15/09/2009 - 21:05 Link
A walking cane.

Or a parasol, but looks too thin for a parasol.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Edited by Father Ted: 15/09/2009 - 21:05
Father Ted
Posted 17/09/2009 - 16:29 Link
followed
impotentspider wrote:
Looks like "SteamPunk" David,

I did a quick search for SteamPunk+lincoln and came up with this;
link

So now you know.
Well, you've started something now.
Having not heard of Steampunk, I followed the link, had a good look around and started getting some albums from "Steampunk" bands.

Why wasn't I aware of this when I was young(er)

Wait until I start dressing like that...the Mrs will go spare
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
fatspider
Posted 17/09/2009 - 16:56 Link
Quote:
Wait until I start dressing like that...the Mrs will go spare
Well you've got the hat Ted, now all you need is the leather corset

If you haven't done it already have a listen to Abney Park.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo