Correction lense +1 for 6x7

joel67

Link Posted 28/08/2009 - 10:26
I recently "rediscovered" my old Pentax 6x7 but as my sight has deteriorated over the years (old age...) I found that I can no longer focus correctly and I am in need of a +1 dioptre correction lens.
I have contacted Pentax uk directly as well as other Pentax repair shops but unfortunately they cannot supply the part.
Can anyone help
Thanks

johnriley

Link Posted 28/08/2009 - 10:45
It might be a matter of phoning round the suppliers who are likely - AP has ads for most of them. Then keep an eye on eBay and Amazon Marketplace.

I'm assuming you are in the UK, so if you tell us your location, if that is different there will be someone with better suggestions for you.
Best regards, John

gartmore

Link Posted 28/08/2009 - 11:12
+1, can you not manage with reading glasses? The shop button at the top of this page has -1 ones for £5.00. It may be that the lens is removable from the holder and you could easily get an optician to make one up.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

johnriley

Link Posted 28/08/2009 - 11:35
The alternative is to wear your reading glasses when using the camera.
Best regards, John

joel67

Link Posted 28/08/2009 - 12:05
Many thanks for your responses.
I tried the -1 from the shop (received yesterday) but it only makes matter worst. It is the +1 that I need. Reading glasses are not a real alternative as I already wear varifocals (with a wide variation of + and -) and it is not practical to change glasses everytime you look in the viewfinder. Tried ebay too (worldwide) but none available at the moment.
The best option would be the optician if I cannot find the genuine Pentax product.
Best regards to all
Joel

gartmore

Link Posted 28/08/2009 - 19:19
These things do turn up occasionally but I think one of our regulars here ,Mac https://www.pentaxuser.com/user/mac-4671, might have had some success with the optician route albeit for a different model. It might be worth dropping him a PM.

Good luck,

Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.