Corfe Valleys

McGregNi
Posted 12/12/2014 - 16:19 Link
Here's a couple of images taken from the hills to the south of Corfe Castle, Isle of Purbeck, Dorset. Telephoto shots, they show the castle and the heathlands beyond, compressing the perspective to bring the far distant Wareham Channel close in behind.

K7 and SMC M75-150mm f4, shot at ISO 200 f13


Comment Image





Comment Image
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Edited by McGregNi: 12/12/2014 - 16:20
K10D
Posted 13/12/2014 - 08:15 Link
Nigel, to me these look like they are shot on film and scanned. How were they processed?

That said, some M lenses can give this effect. I like them both and they would probably look a lot better much larger.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
McGregNi
Posted 13/12/2014 - 09:52 Link
They do look better very large Gary .... and they do have a film-like tone, I agree. I think it is the result of me dealing with what was a very hazy background. They are both actually blends of two exposures ... a conventional one for the castle and just behind it, but a lower exposure for the further distance from the water onwards. But also perhaps the particular qualities of the lens and its coatings gives the feeling also?

I reduced brightness and applied very hefty extra contrast and colour to bring back detail here, pulling this out of what was a total cyan washout! I like the result because it exaggerates the close perspective effect as most of the haze has gone (I left the furthest hills just before the horizon as a 'washout' to add amore realism.) This contrast boost I think makes it seem like the spaces behind the castle are much closer than they really are.

I appreciate it may not appeal widely, but it seems to bring out the point of the images, which was to set the castle within the wider space .... the haze had the opposite effect really.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Edited by McGregNi: 13/12/2014 - 09:55

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo