Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Copyright Notice

kerrowdown
Posted 07/09/2008 - 12:14 Link
Hi all, please can you give me a hand here, cos I’m being somewhat slow.

What's the easy way to add a semi transparent copyright notice, positioned fairly centrally to photographs in CS3. I want to be able add and remove them (once paid for, hopefully) with no loss of original image quality.

I assume it's done on a separate layer, can anyone talk me through this as my attempts look a young child has done them.
"Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"

William Blake

The Harem... "Mistress" Pentax-A 15mm F3.5, "Good Lady" Pentax-A 20mm F2.8, "Friendly Lady" Pentax-A 24mm F2.8, "Deviate Lady" Pentax 28mm F3.5 Shift, "Street Lady" Pentax-A 28mm F2.8, "Bohemian Lady" Pentax-A 35mm F2.0, "Retro Lady" SMC Pentax-M 40mm F2.8, "Special Lady" Pentax-A 50mm F1.2, "Femme Fatale" Pentax-A 50mm F2.8 Macro, "Sweetheart" Pentax-A*85mm F1.4, "Lady Luck" Pentax-A*135mm F1.8, "Gorgeous Lady" Pentax-A*200mm F2.8 ED, "Duchess" Pentax-A*300mm F4.0, "HM The Queen" SMC Pentax 500mm F4.5
George Lazarette
Posted 07/09/2008 - 13:38 Link
I suspect it might be easier to add a copyright notice to a new copy of a JPEG, and use the old copy when you don't want the notice.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
amoringello
Posted 07/09/2008 - 14:19 Link
Exactly...
I have a PhotoShop "Droplet" on my desktop that adds copyright or log info to a copy of the files when I am ready to post such images.
A Droplet is simply an action but wrapped by a small executable that you can drop photos onto. Although it still opens PhotoShop to run the action, it can be easier to process a large batch ion this way, than to open all files in PhotoShop and run the actions manually.

If you still need actual instructions for creating the copyright notice, search for WaterMark. You'll find lots of info.
Since you have CS3, also look for using Smart Objects -- they help give you the ability to set the copyright notice size consistently proportional for any size or rotation of image on which they'll be placed.

This is the method I was talking about (although thee are simpler methods that may not suit all needs as well)...
If you're unsure what they are talking about, we can definitely hep you get around.
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.graphics.apps.photoshop/2007-1...
Edited by amoringello: 07/09/2008 - 14:23
gartmore
Posted 07/09/2008 - 14:27 Link
I highly recommend iwatermark which is simple and intuitive in use, particularly good for batch processing.

link
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
amoringello
Posted 07/09/2008 - 14:48 Link
gartmore wrote:
I highly recommend iwatermark which is simple and intuitive in use, particularly good for batch processing.

I'll check that out as well. I've tried dozens of such programs but simply got tired of looking at the crap being put out. This one looks interesting. PhotoShop will do "everything" but is quite cumbersome and tedious.
gartmore
Posted 07/09/2008 - 14:57 Link
I have some stuff online using it, I hope this link works:

link

A combination of jalbum and iwatermark, it was a dance school show where I wanted people to order online but didn't want them to download and print their own, obviously. You can choose how to display the (C) notice
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
George Lazarette
Posted 07/09/2008 - 15:31 Link
Irfanview will watermark a batch of images. It costs nothing, is easy to use, and quick.

However, I am sure much more sophisticated solutions exist.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
kerrowdown
Posted 07/09/2008 - 19:44 Link
Many thanks guys, I'm trying the iwatermark for $20 and so far it's doing exactly what I need, thanks again.
"Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"

William Blake

The Harem... "Mistress" Pentax-A 15mm F3.5, "Good Lady" Pentax-A 20mm F2.8, "Friendly Lady" Pentax-A 24mm F2.8, "Deviate Lady" Pentax 28mm F3.5 Shift, "Street Lady" Pentax-A 28mm F2.8, "Bohemian Lady" Pentax-A 35mm F2.0, "Retro Lady" SMC Pentax-M 40mm F2.8, "Special Lady" Pentax-A 50mm F1.2, "Femme Fatale" Pentax-A 50mm F2.8 Macro, "Sweetheart" Pentax-A*85mm F1.4, "Lady Luck" Pentax-A*135mm F1.8, "Gorgeous Lady" Pentax-A*200mm F2.8 ED, "Duchess" Pentax-A*300mm F4.0, "HM The Queen" SMC Pentax 500mm F4.5

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.