Cook Islands
Posted 04/03/2014 - 10:05
Link
A place I've wanted to go to for many years and you posting images has not helped any!
I really like 1 4 & 5, pity about the lighting upstand in 4, but appreciate you could do little about it.
I really like 1 4 & 5, pity about the lighting upstand in 4, but appreciate you could do little about it.
Posted 04/03/2014 - 13:43
Link
Cant believe the 1st image is real!
Looks way to clear, and to me looks like a PS composition.
Amazing. Crab shot has come out really well too.
Looks way to clear, and to me looks like a PS composition.
Amazing. Crab shot has come out really well too.
Posted 04/03/2014 - 23:27
Link
RayB wrote:
A place I've wanted to go to for many years and you posting images has not helped any!
I really like 1 4 & 5, pity about the lighting upstand in 4, but appreciate you could do little about it.
It's a beautiful part of the world, a bit cumbersome to get to from the UK but well worth the effort, Aitutaki in particular is the most picturesque place I've been in the Pacific.A place I've wanted to go to for many years and you posting images has not helped any!
I really like 1 4 & 5, pity about the lighting upstand in 4, but appreciate you could do little about it.
LLPopo wrote:
Cant believe the 1st image is real!
Looks way to clear, and to me looks like a PS composition.
Amazing. Crab shot has come out really well too.
This was on a day with less than perfect weather so it's had a bit of PP to give it a bit of punch but it is 100% real.Cant believe the 1st image is real!
Looks way to clear, and to me looks like a PS composition.
Amazing. Crab shot has come out really well too.
Stuey wrote:
I like these - in particular the crab
Thanks, this one was escaping from my daughter's crab detention facility that kept her and Dad (with a macro lens) busy for hours
I like these - in particular the crab
Posted 05/03/2014 - 04:23
Link
Extremely envious!!!
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 05/03/2014 - 07:30
Link
Looks like a beautiful place. A photographer's dream.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 05/03/2014 - 08:59
Link
bwlchmawr wrote:
Looks like a beautiful place. A photographer's dream.
Indeed, I can imagine all sorts of photo opportunities in a location like that.Looks like a beautiful place. A photographer's dream.
Often I feel like moving to somewhere like it as well
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 05/03/2014 - 11:05
Link
Coming from North Scotland I'm not sure I could handle the sun and flat landscape, I'd be willing to give it a darned good try though. Lovely shots
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


126 posts
16 years
Back in Oz
One Foot Island in the Aitutaki Lagoon
[IMG]http://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/3698/large/1_130623_IMGP7110_One_Foot_Island_seascape__Aitutaki__Cook_Islands.jpg[/IMG]
A coral sand cay in the Aitutaki Lagoon
[IMG]http://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/3698/large/1_130623_IMGP7088_Lagoon_cay_seascape__Aitutaki__Cook_Islands.jpg[/IMG]
The fire dance at a cultural show on Rarotonga
[IMG]http://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/3698/large/1_130618_IMGP6623_Dancers_at_Te_Vara_Nui_Village__Rarotonga__Cook_Islands.jpg[/IMG]
Some Polynesia beauties at a cultural show on Rarotonga
[IMG]http://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/3698/large/1_130618_IMGP6663_Dancers_at_Te_Vara_Nui_Village__Rarotonga__Cook_Islands.jpg[/IMG]
Up close with one of the locals on the beach
[IMG]http://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/3698/large/1_130620_IMGP6832_hermit_crabs__Aitutaki__Cook_Islands.jpg[/IMG]