Contax Compact Cameras


cardiffgareth

Link Posted 08/08/2022 - 19:52
I've noticed this but they've been crazy prices for a few years now. The G1 and G2 are both mental money!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Flickr
Instagram

My PPG
Foundation NFT

womble

Link Posted 08/08/2022 - 21:24
I'm so glad I that I bought my collection a while ago, and those cameras I'd like now are so expensive that even the idea of getting one is a non-starter. My only real regret is not getting a Pentax 67 a decade or more ago.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

LennyBloke

Link Posted 09/08/2022 - 08:46
Yet there still seems to be the odd model or two that haven't been elevated to the dizzy heights (yet!) - again LCE have a Contax, this time the Contax N1 with a Vario-Sonnar 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 Carl Zeiss lens for £299. This model was their Autofocus Film flagship with a pretty high spec and build - I don't know a great deal about it, but I'm pretty certain it was a very expensive model at launch and well regarded. I've always had a fondness for Contax (having sold quite a few in my time) but never owned one, if I was teetering on the edge of dabbling back in film I'd probably have bought this one.

Anyone on here ever owned this one?

I understand where you are coming from Kris - I can remember when nobody seemed to want the Pentax 67's and they were selling for peanuts. Now they are just so expensive, I enjoyed mine for a couple of years - but I'm sure I sprained my wrist a few time from using it out in the field
LennyBloke

Benz3ne

Link Posted 09/08/2022 - 10:43
LennyBloke wrote:
Yet there still seems to be the odd model or two that haven't been elevated to the dizzy heights (yet!) - again LCE have a Contax, this time the Contax N1 with a Vario-Sonnar 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 Carl Zeiss lens for £299. This model was their Autofocus Film flagship with a pretty high spec and build - I don't know a great deal about it, but I'm pretty certain it was a very expensive model at launch and well regarded. I've always had a fondness for Contax (having sold quite a few in my time) but never owned one, if I was teetering on the edge of dabbling back in film I'd probably have bought this one.

Anyone on here ever owned this one?

I understand where you are coming from Kris - I can remember when nobody seemed to want the Pentax 67's and they were selling for peanuts. Now they are just so expensive, I enjoyed mine for a couple of years - but I'm sure I sprained my wrist a few time from using it out in the field

I spotted that too, this morning... The Vario-Elmar piqued my interest as I've seen someone using one with excellent results (but a 28-75mm f/3.5 if I recall rightly?). That said, I don't NEED more lenses right now.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 09/08/2022 - 10:56
Benz3ne wrote:


I spotted that too, this morning... The Vario-Elmar piqued my interest as I've seen someone using one with excellent results (but a 28-75mm f/3.5 if I recall rightly?). That said, I don't NEED more lenses right now.

How is that relevant on this forum
LennyBloke

Benz3ne

Link Posted 09/08/2022 - 12:22
LennyBloke wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:


I spotted that too, this morning... The Vario-Elmar piqued my interest as I've seen someone using one with excellent results (but a 28-75mm f/3.5 if I recall rightly?). That said, I don't NEED more lenses right now.

How is that relevant on this forum

spot on...
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.