COMMENTS - MOVEMENT Fortnightly Competition
Posted 24/06/2009 - 13:54
Link
Indeed,
one of your comments (and a very kind PM) just made me realise that there are rules for the forthnight competition... I forgot that the photo had to be taken in the time-period of the challenge, so I now remove my entry
Good for you all, it was the BESTEST SHOT and would have certainly won the challenge!!!!!!
one of your comments (and a very kind PM) just made me realise that there are rules for the forthnight competition... I forgot that the photo had to be taken in the time-period of the challenge, so I now remove my entry
Good for you all, it was the BESTEST SHOT and would have certainly won the challenge!!!!!!
Posted 24/06/2009 - 16:21
Link
Prieni wrote:
Basically we have several options:
1. Movement of an object blurs photo taken with stationary camera
2. Movement of an object frozen with stationary camera
3. Movement of an object frozen by moving camera (a.k.a. panning)
4. Movement blurred by movement of object and camera
5. Still object blurred by moving camera
6. combinations of above and/or PP
7. the ones I forgot to mention
Prieni
I'll take number 5 thank you. Basically we have several options:
1. Movement of an object blurs photo taken with stationary camera
2. Movement of an object frozen with stationary camera
3. Movement of an object frozen by moving camera (a.k.a. panning)
4. Movement blurred by movement of object and camera
5. Still object blurred by moving camera
6. combinations of above and/or PP
7. the ones I forgot to mention
Prieni
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 24/06/2009 - 16:45
Link
After reading Prienis comment, I realized that I was using wrong words again. But I must be blinded also, because I do not see any possibility (no EDIT link) to correct "fixed" into "frozen" in my entry.
????
????
Posted 24/06/2009 - 16:52
Link
Fixed / Frozen....we know what you mean
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 24/06/2009 - 17:59
Link
Malo1961 wrote:
To Mikew and Hefty,
It is ......indeed, just a question of moving the camera. A bit hit and miss, but the chosen subject and used lens help a lot.
Martin.
That's the sort of thing I had in mind but finding subject matter that suits wasn't as easy as I'd anticipated. I'll be giving it another try at some point though
To Mikew and Hefty,
It is ......indeed, just a question of moving the camera. A bit hit and miss, but the chosen subject and used lens help a lot.
Martin.
Joining the Q
Posted 24/06/2009 - 18:13
Link
hefty1 wrote:
I struggled to find the 'right kind of trees', I think getting the balance of the light is half the battle. So I settled for grass. I've got a lot of that.Malo1961 wrote:
To Mikew and Hefty,
It is ......indeed, just a question of moving the camera. A bit hit and miss, but the chosen subject and used lens help a lot.
Martin.
That's the sort of thing I had in mind but finding subject matter that suits wasn't as easy as I'd anticipated. I'll be giving it another try at some point though To Mikew and Hefty,
It is ......indeed, just a question of moving the camera. A bit hit and miss, but the chosen subject and used lens help a lot.
Martin.
Martin - I hadn't realised you had done some of this although I probably should have done.
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 24/06/2009 - 18:43
Link
Aiki wrote:
Martin,
You give link to your work...but why there isnt anything in the competition ???
Do not tell that you are afraid of judging!
Martin's track record in winning these competitions is somewhat impressive
Martin,
You give link to your work...but why there isnt anything in the competition ???
Do not tell that you are afraid of judging!
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 24/06/2009 - 18:52
Link
Sorry to delay the results . I nearly didn't enter, but then had similar thoughts to Father Ted - it all helps me to learn.
Robert.
Robert.
Posted 24/06/2009 - 20:10
Link
If nathanever82's entry has been disqualified then I reckon Karl's Drums should sneak up onto the podium. What do you think?
Maybe I should check the EXIF next time (next time ! ha!)
Probably find the drums are from last year now
Maybe I should check the EXIF next time (next time ! ha!)
Probably find the drums are from last year now
Posted 24/06/2009 - 21:30
Link
Well logically yes, since the whole point of the competition is that entrants have to take the photo specifically for the competition rather than just trawling the archives
So I guess everyone moves up a place.
So I guess everyone moves up a place.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 24/06/2009 - 21:30
Link
Aiki wrote:
Martin,
You give link to your work...but why there isnt anything in the competition ???
Do not tell that you are afraid of judging!
Just to busy at work, and the decision to take it easy for a while on the competition front. Instead of entering every comp. that is released, I now choose a bit more selective. This weeks "Something Green" round will probably have my preference. So watch that space Martin,
You give link to your work...but why there isnt anything in the competition ???
Do not tell that you are afraid of judging!
mikew wrote:
Martin - I hadn't realised you had done some of this although I probably should have done.
Mike
To much credit there, Mike It was the only time I tried it. One good one out of a series of four. Martin - I hadn't realised you had done some of this although I probably should have done.
Mike
But when it works (very subjective as it is abstract), It works very well IMO.
Martin.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2812 posts
19 years
Deepest Hampshire,
England
- Shots of a moving 'object' from a moving 'object' - of which there only appears to be two of this type.
- Panned shots of a moving 'object'.
- More straightforward 'captured' shots of a moving 'object'.
I agree with Prieni that the impression of the finished product on the viewer is what matters.
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T