Colour and Texture

Lubbyman

Link Posted 10/02/2020 - 18:03
The bevelled edge of a mirror was acting as a prism and reflecting the colours of the rainbow onto a wall in the hallway. I was going past with a camera in hand so took a couple of quick shots. No time for careful thought as the colours were moving and disappearing surprisingly quickly. They look better with lots of pixels on a big screen, more detail in the texture etc. K3 + Irix 150mm macro.

Comment welcome (but please not on my capabilities with emulsion paint!).

Steve

derek897

Link Posted 10/02/2020 - 18:58
Brilliant.
I like these a lot,
Well spotted sir.
And well shot
I know what i like, If not always why.

bforbes

Link Posted 10/02/2020 - 19:20
derek897 wrote:
Brilliant.
I like these a lot,
Well spotted sir.
And well shot

I will agree with that. In the first, I love the way the strip of texture takes the eye through the colours. In the second it's the "crater" on the thirds
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

pschlute

Link Posted 11/02/2020 - 00:20
I like these. Would look great printed up large.
Peter

My Flickr page

davidwozhere

Link Posted 11/02/2020 - 01:00
Definitely the crater. Painting skill aside, it provides a tangible focal point for the eye, which can then explore the remainder. (When further craters are discovered )
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

LennyBloke

Link Posted 11/02/2020 - 09:13
This is what I love about pentaxography - just seeing something when you're not really looking for it then taking advantage of the opportunity to produce a lovely image - good spot, I have to admit on first viewing I thought you'd got hold of the upcoming rainbow paint that Dulux are releasing on 1st April
LennyBloke

Lubbyman

Link Posted 11/02/2020 - 23:27
Thanks folks.

It's amazing how little things can make a picture - that band of texture in the first and the crater in the second are hardly members of the 'In yer face!' club, but the eye/brain definitely picks them out first.

Mention of rainbow paint (I bet somebody really is working on it...) brings back memories of cars that changed colour as the temperature changed. Not sure when it was, but it didn't catch on. Must have been a nightmare for body shops!

Steve

Sry

Link Posted 14/02/2020 - 22:28
Well spotted indeed, Steve.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.