Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Coast

Posted 10/12/2018 - 23:56 Link
Hi all... a few more from the "On the Road" touring project I've been putting together (photos I've taken over the last couple of years whilst weekly touring the UK/Ireland)... these from some of the various coastal places I've managed to get myself to when we've been close enough... all Pentax K1/K1 II and various lenses, inc FA 24-90, DFA 24-70, FA 20, Irix 15mm.

1. Crow, Worthing
Comment Image

2. Beach Huts, Lancing
Comment Image

3. Dunstanburgh, Winter
Comment Image

4. Offshore Fencing, Lancing
Comment Image

5. Bamburgh Castle, Dusk
Comment Image

6. Budle Bay, Dawn
Comment Image

7. Cullercoats, Dawn
Comment Image

8. Sand Patterns, Rhyl
Comment Image

9. Low Tide, West Wittering
Comment Image

10. Sunset, Cliffs of Moher
Comment Image

All thoughts, comments etc gratefully received as ever...

Best
davidwozhere
Posted 11/12/2018 - 00:35 Link
I particularly like the minimal ones
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
1stEverPentax
Posted 11/12/2018 - 00:45 Link
Another nice set Bill.

Best by far for me is the last one...No.10...wow!

Also really like 7...the light reflecting off the wet surfaces of the stone wharf is superb.

Then No.5...nice light again and really like the composition including the ship out at sea.

No.8 is unusual...what a densely packed piece of beach...all those stones, shells and dead matter against the striated natural background...lovely.

Regards

Karlo
pschlute
Posted 11/12/2018 - 04:57 Link
Cracking set Bill. These get better and better. The last one is beautiful.

1/2/4/6 are very clever, creating bands of colour/texture that divide the picture up horizontally.
johnriley
Posted 11/12/2018 - 06:43 Link
These are beautiful images, realised by a keen, artistic eye.
Best regards, John
RobL
Posted 11/12/2018 - 07:32 Link
Great original set. Having just returned from Bamburgh with a portfolio of the classic beach shots of the castle I particularly like yours with the dunes, very atmospheric.
davidtrout
Posted 11/12/2018 - 09:25 Link
Impressive stuff, I just love these especially the more impressionist of the set. Fencing at Lancing is superb. It appears to break all the rules of composition - tiny subject placed dead centre right on the bottom edge of the frame, a huge area of seemingly empty sky, a thin line of horizon marginally above the base line.....but it works so well. A masterpiece.
David
walkeja
Posted 11/12/2018 - 10:50 Link
Glad to see the dusk over Bamburgh Castle.
The Times once published a photo of a sunset over said castle only it was sunrise as ir was over the sea.
Typical of today.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Edited by walkeja: 11/12/2018 - 10:51
stub
Posted 11/12/2018 - 14:05 Link
Awesome images Bill a credit to you.. Loved them all.. Interested to notice no DFA 15-30 in your lens list ?
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
davidstorm
Posted 11/12/2018 - 15:31 Link
An absolutely magnificent set of images.

The last one in particular is superb for me, but all are tremendously good.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Nigelk
Posted 11/12/2018 - 16:43 Link
johnriley wrote:
These are beautiful images, realised by a keen, artistic eye.

What John said
Sry
Posted 11/12/2018 - 18:42 Link
I really like the "Horizons" here, Bill (1,2,4,6...and 9, though it is not quite in the same spirit as the other 'horizons'). The composition, colours and attention to detail are beautifully treated as usual. 4 and 6 are particularly bold in their minimalism. 9 is more about movement (yet fits in with the aforementioned) within stillness, a quality which I regularly appreciate in your photography.

The sand patterns are a fabulous image, so much texture, so many lines, shells, stones, all moving to the relentless force of the sea. Wild.

Of the four more "classic" (to my eye) landscapses, I have a preference for the cliffs of Moher, with its beautiful light and flowery punctum.

Thanks for sharing all this with us.
K10D
Posted 11/12/2018 - 20:08 Link
Quality, artful, imaginative, bringing down boundaries, opening up that in plain view, evocative, transgression of norms.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
alfpics
Posted 11/12/2018 - 22:28 Link
Lighting in the last one is wonderful. Composition of no. 3 is spot-on. 8 is just unreal looking, and no. 7 - nice lines and lighting. Great set as ever!
Andy
bjolester
Posted 12/12/2018 - 15:13 Link
Superb set! I really like no 2 for its clean strong composition and the dramatic landscape and light of no 10. Thank you for sharing!
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.