Clatter Bashing Down the Valley

Spad

Link Posted 24/06/2022 - 16:49
There was me happily snapping away at bees and foxgloves.... then the peace and quiet was epically broken by this bugger flying down the valley!!

Good job I had my second camera rigged to go... after all... I was hoping one would show up!

Last Edited by Spad on 24/06/2022 - 17:01

pschlute

Link Posted 24/06/2022 - 18:59
So that is where the butterflies have gone
Peter

My Flickr page

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 24/06/2022 - 19:23
I've driven one of those in the past. They were taken off the North Sea after the accident, (the brights steel connecting shaft corroded.) Long story. Had a slight wump-wump sound that replicated itself in the cockpit - bouncing a tad.

A tough aircraft, just not fit for the North Sea and the salt laden atmosphere below 2,000 feet.

Oops, forgot to say, loved the photographs...
Be well, stay safe.

Spad

Link Posted 24/06/2022 - 19:50
Urbanmeister wrote:
I've driven one of those in the past. They were taken off the North Sea after the accident, (the brights steel connecting shaft corroded.) Long story. Had a slight wump-wump sound that replicated itself in the cockpit - bouncing a tad.

A tough aircraft, just not fit for the North Sea and the salt laden atmosphere below 2,000 feet.

Oops, forgot to say, loved the photographs...

The legendary thwop of a sh*thook
At the beggining there was nothing....

Which exploded....

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 24/06/2022 - 19:53
Absolutely!!!!

And my high tone hearing is still buggered!!
Be well, stay safe.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 24/06/2022 - 20:41
Preparation is the key - you had your other camera set up ready, if it was me I'd probably have had a fisheye on at that precise moment

Good captures - particularly like the first one, the positioning of the body works better to my eye (not that you have much choice about composing in those few moments)
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.