8. Looking back 1:
Comment Image

9. Looking back 2
Comment Image

[ Pentax MX-1 JPEGs tweaked in PaintShop Pro.]

Any comments welcome.

Philip
Posted 13/06/2022 - 10:22 Link
Great shots all. I think that what comes over to me is the sense of quiet, a sense of peace. I also think your editing was spot on. Nice job, Philip.
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
Posted 13/06/2022 - 13:22 Link
Nice set, great colours too. Would be interested in what the tweaks were, I don't use PS pro but use Rawtherapee and when tweaking Jpegs use GIMP, but usually to perhaps up contrast or remove a spot etc. sometimes the curve for light and dark.
LennyBloke
Posted 15/06/2022 - 11:21 Link
Urbanmeister wrote:
Great shots all. I think that what comes over to me is the sense of quiet, a sense of peace. I also think your editing was spot on. Nice job, Philip.

I think the editing/tweaking has helped create the quiet and peace sense - the contrast looks slightly dialled down and the colours aren't too saturated - a case of perfect processing for the subject IMO
LennyBloke
MrB
Posted 16/06/2022 - 08:20 Link
Thanks to those above for your comments.

The images were captured on a high contrast day, so the MX-1's D-Range settings were switched on and the exposure set to keep the highlights on the histogram. In the images the foreground shadow areas were rather dark, so they were lifted using PaintShop Pro's fill-light tool. Other tweaks included some perspective adjustment, slightly increasing the blue in the sky, and adding a bit of local contrast (clarity).

Philip
oldhat
Posted 16/06/2022 - 11:34 Link
Very impressive set of images.
The MX1 is a fine camera and whilst it is often referred to as "vintage " it still stacks up well.
I wonder why Pentax did not use this camera as the basis for a mirrorless one and assume there were technical reasons for not exploring that possibility
MrB
Posted 16/06/2022 - 13:02 Link
Thank you.

I like the MX-1 for its quality and compact convenience, and I've always wished for an upgrade to MX-2, with a 1 inch sensor and a viewfinder.

Philip
Edited by MrB: 16/06/2022 - 13:06
redbusa99
Posted 16/06/2022 - 15:05 Link
Excellent set.
odd lens or 2

Flickr
jvs
Posted 16/06/2022 - 20:59 Link
redbusa99 wrote:
Excellent set.

Totally agree!
John
MrB
Posted 18/06/2022 - 06:19 Link
Joe and John - thank you.

Philip

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.