Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Cheap Light Scoop from Ebay

ShepProudfoot
Posted 13/12/2012 - 09:30 Link
Just got a Professor Kobre's Lightscoop type thing off ebay for £4.

Pleased with results so far with my Pentax-A 50mm f1.7 lens, although my manual focusing still is a bit off.

Both photos were a night-time in a room lit with led spotlights.

Anyone else use one of these, or have any tips?

Comment Image

Comment Image
Pentax K-R, DA35mm f2.4, DA 16-45mm f4 and DA L 50-200mm f/4.0-5.6
08tiger
Posted 14/12/2012 - 02:53 Link
Looks like it throws a nice soft light, like you say focusing is an issue shame as those eyes in the first shot are just made for the camera.
C&C welcome.
Don.
ShepProudfoot
Posted 14/12/2012 - 11:07 Link
Thanks, she certainly does.

I've been looking at different posts here (and elsewhere) and I it may be my K-R.

If I focus manually using the green hexagon it is never as sharp as when I use the live view.

I really need to download a focus test chart and see if I am suffering from the front focusing issues so widely discussed.
Pentax K-R, DA35mm f2.4, DA 16-45mm f4 and DA L 50-200mm f/4.0-5.6
doubled
Posted 14/12/2012 - 14:04 Link
I'm afraid I don't have any tips but she is super cute in the first pic and they look so sweet together in the second one!

I must admit I've never been a big fan on the green hexagon on any of my DSLRs (or film SLRs) simply because I tend to "overshoot" the focusing ring and I find it hard to find the "middle ground", especially with shallow DOF. I've been using a Katzeye split screen on my *ist DS and K10D and whilst it is OK in bright conditions, I find it difficult to focus when the lights drop off. Mind you, it could also be a lack of skills or my bad eyesight!

Maybe it's worth considering upgrading to a K30 or K-01 for the focus peaking?

D

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.