Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Chains

Kaylesh
Posted 22/06/2008 - 22:47 Link
Hiya Everyone,
Took this one last week while on holiday in Massachusetts. It was taken in Wellfleet which is one of the many towns that make up Cape Cod. Let me know what you think. Any and all comments/critiques are welcome and appreciated.

Comment Image
hefty1
Posted 22/06/2008 - 23:45 Link
I'll start with the bad stuff; I think your depth of field is too narrow, it would be nice to have the whole links in focus but as it stands the parts nearer the camera are out of it - try using a smaller aperture. Also, I find the area in the lower left of the picture where the sand has uncovered the surface below to be a distraction - watch for these sorts of things and, if neccessary, take a few seconds to set your shot up. In this instance a quick brush would have spread the sand out again and made for a more pleasing backdrop.

Now for the good bits; the subject itself has an interesting texture and good colours. The positioning of the links in the frame is also pleasing to my eye. I think you have the makings of a good photo but it requires a little more attention to the small details before it's a great one.

All good practice though - I've been taking shots for more years than I care to remember and I haven't come up with a "perfect" one yet!
Joining the Q
Kaylesh
Posted 23/06/2008 - 14:15 Link
Hiya and thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate all your comments. Yep even the bad stuff . Hey how else is one going to improve if you don't find out the bad stuff along with the good.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.