Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

cash back

thoramay
Posted 28/01/2011 - 13:01 Link
What is it with these cash back people. Claimed in November and they still have issues with the written receipt from SRS.
Has anyone else suffered this problem?
Sent a copy at least four weeks ago but they now claim this not received.
And it is three cheers for SRS who have spoken to Pentax UK on my behalf and tell me that the refund has been authorised.
Am now awaiting the cash into my bank.
Pentax need to sort this out. I shall think twice in future to being lured into a cash back offer.
Edited by thoramay: 28/01/2011 - 13:02
johnriley
Posted 28/01/2011 - 13:03 Link
That's interesting - what was the perceived problem with the receipt?
Best regards, John
SmutjeUK
Posted 28/01/2011 - 13:20 Link
Interesting. I send my cash back via recorded delivery and got my money about four weeks later in the bank.
I do not trust RM at all so everything of any value TO ME I always send it via recorded or ask to have it send via recorded.
I may be in the minority but I have had at least 15-20 items gone 'missing' last year and for an extra £1 I rather pay that and be save then sorry. Never had an recorder delivery gone missing on me.
Anything like cash back or similar of value I rather spend the extra money then having the aggravation.
SRS is one of the best and no wonder that they help you. It pays to go with them at any time.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
thoramay
Posted 28/01/2011 - 14:04 Link
John. They received my claims form with the written receipt showing SRS Vat number for a purchase in November.
They phoned me stating that this was not a Vat receipt. They required a Vat receipt to comply with the Cash back offer.
I contacted SRS who commented that they had issued many written receipts without there being a problem.
I sent further copies showing clearly the Vat number, which obviously they knew anyhow from the many claims so far via SRS.
I received another call this morning stating that they had not received the further copies and needed to do so to comply with the 31rst January deadline.
SRS came to my rescue by phoning Pentax UK. They have phoned me to say that Pentax has authorised the refund.
I am interersted if I am the only one who has been dealt with in this way and to head up any further problems by members.
Doesn't it make you wonder if this is all a delaying tactic in effecting the refund.
Pentax should take this seriously and set in place a simpler Cash Back system if they wish to retain customer confidence.
johnriley
Posted 28/01/2011 - 14:53 Link
I doubt very much that it was a delaying tactic, but obviously have no idea what went wrong.

Still, as long as you were paid that's the main thing.
Best regards, John
thoramay
Posted 28/01/2011 - 19:03 Link
I have just received a call from a member of the 'cash back' team to reassure me that I will receive my £120 some time next week stating that they now have the 'receipt'
As all they have is what I sent in November I can only speculate why the delay and phone calls.
John. I do not agree that being paid is the main thing. Clearly from my experience a staff member at the cash back office do not know a receipt when they see one.
SRS tells me that what they sent to me is no different from any other receipt that would be tendered as support for the cash back offer.
Someone has had my cash back money for the last nine weeks. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth that Pentax can treat their customers in this manner.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.