Carved graffiti ..

CoDa
Posted 02/03/2011 - 00:29 Link
Taken in the local country park two shots with different types of PP applied, so will be interested in what people think.

1)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/Photo%20for%20comments%202011/Carvedgraffiti.jpg[/IMG]

2)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/Photo%20for%20comments%202011/Carvedgraffiti2.jpg[/IMG]

C&C as normal please.
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)


[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
Ratcatcher
Posted 02/03/2011 - 08:34 Link
I like this but I think It needs a bit of punch to bring out the colours more. Also croped to get rid of any distractions.


Comment Image
CoDa
Posted 02/03/2011 - 22:13 Link
Hi Richard,
I did think of a tighter crop but decided to leave as is.

What did you do to make it punchier? I like what you did by they way.

Regards
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)


[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
Smeggypants
Posted 02/03/2011 - 22:26 Link
increased contrast and saturation will bring out the colours.

My first reaction was to crop out the Distractions to. Much better.

Try high contrast B&Ws too. Often works for graffiti
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Ratcatcher
Posted 02/03/2011 - 22:33 Link
I have P.S Elements 7 and all i did was open a JPEG as a Raw file and just played around with Exposure,Contrast,Clarity & Saturation until desired effect is reached. It's surprising what can be done, just know when to stop.
Try it
Pentaxophile
Posted 02/03/2011 - 22:37 Link
Personally I like the little path and ribbon of grass at the bottom, and background of trees at the top, especially in the first. Very prosaic.

What would set these shots off perfectly would be a passer-by in front of the fence, someone whose demeanor contrasted with the colourful artwork!

Not sure about the processing though, the colours seem a bit unnatural.
Ratcatcher
Posted 02/03/2011 - 22:46 Link
Quote:
Not sure about the processing though, the colours seem a bit unnatural.
You're probably right, I did'nt expect it to be perfect all I was trying to do was to show that the image would look better if the colour stood out more. Trial and error is the only way to find out what the individuals preference is.
Edited by Ratcatcher: 02/03/2011 - 22:48
Pentaxophile
Posted 02/03/2011 - 22:48 Link
Sorry Richard, I was referring to the original pictures, which look a bit 'pastelly' for want of a better word!
Edited by Pentaxophile: 02/03/2011 - 22:49
Ratcatcher
Posted 02/03/2011 - 22:49 Link
OK no problem.
CoDa
Posted 02/03/2011 - 23:13 Link
Thanks for the comments will have a play, also visit the area with a "model" (OK grandson)when the ground has improved.
The area is muddy, and very wet large puddles around plus they are putting in different play areas for the children.
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)


[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
Blythman
Posted 03/03/2011 - 10:09 Link
I think it will look better with a person in the frame, but I'd definitely lose the trees. They don't add anything IMO
Alan


PPG
Flickr

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo