Carshalton Wildlife
Posted 30/09/2013 - 21:29
Link
That first shot is a cracker, the OOF branch leads the eye in beautifully to the squirrel. Top stuff.
Posted 30/09/2013 - 21:32
Link
The squirrel is very good Nigel, nice composition, good exposure and sharp. You could maybe bring the levels up a bit, but that aside it's an excellent image.
I don't think the duck shot works so well, there's too much going on and nowhere in particular for the eye to settle.
Regards
David
I don't think the duck shot works so well, there's too much going on and nowhere in particular for the eye to settle.
Regards
David
Posted 01/10/2013 - 20:34
Link
snappychappy wrote:
That first shot is a cracker, the OOF branch leads the eye in beautifully to the squirrel. Top stuff.
Thanks Snappy the little thing was very obliging and I saw the tree adding some extra interest.That first shot is a cracker, the OOF branch leads the eye in beautifully to the squirrel. Top stuff.
Thanks also David for for the kind words, and I understand your point about the 2nd shot - probably a closer view would be better - I was stuck on a small bridge with just the 135mm though, and thought the water and the far distance OOF area gave some context. There is a lot going though
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


5986 posts
14 years
Surrey,
England
Had the old 1970's Tamron Adaptal 135mm on the K7. Just a couple of grabs while the kids were running around, using catch-in-focus. I'm not planning a lot of this sort of thing, but i'm always looking to improve, so all C & C will be much appreciated!
Thanks for checking them out, Nigel
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver