Cardiff Covid-19 Lockdown images

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 25/09/2020 - 20:49
So I have had a mid life crisis and have started my degree course studying B.A Hons in Photography.

First item on the agenda to break the ice was a walk around Cardiff shooting to briefs, one being covid-19, how its shaped the city and how shop fronts have been impacted. Here are a few images I shot on the day:

1. Cyclist

Cardiff Covid-19 walkabout by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

2. Croeso, which is welcome, but is it as you have to get past the wooden crate first, then there's the barrier and then the man!

3. Empty outdoor dining

4. Yellow shadows

5. Safe tourists

6. Red Coat

7. Red Coat altered shadows and highlights

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Benz3ne

Link Posted 25/09/2020 - 21:57
cardiffgareth wrote:
So I have had a mid life crisis and have started my degree course studying B.A Hons in Photography.

First item on the agenda to break the ice was a walk around Cardiff shooting to briefs, one being covid-19, how its shaped the city and how shop fronts have been impacted. Here are a few images I shot on the day:

1. Cyclist

2. Croeso, which is welcome, but is it as you have to get past the wooden crate first, then there's the barrier and then the man!

3. Empty outdoor dining

4. Yellow shadows

5. Safe tourists

6. Red Coat

7. Red Coat altered shadows and highlights

Congrats on starting the BA! Which uni is that with?
Great shots by the way -I think I prefer the blacker tones of the coat in red shot, second to last.
Interestingly I very much recognise Queens Arcade from the pictures.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 25/09/2020 - 21:59

Helpful

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 25/09/2020 - 22:12
Thanks!

I'm studying with the University of South Wales at the Atrium by the prison.

Queens Arcade! Yep! Funny thing being a country bumpkin now bearing in mind I worked and lived in Cardiff so was a proper towny, I haven't been in the new part of the arcade for over a year and the old Queens Arcade which this is, probably over 3 years easy!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

RobL

Link Posted 26/09/2020 - 07:27
Good luck Gareth, Iím still going through a mid-life crisis in my seventies! Long may it continue.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/09/2020 - 12:28
Congrats Gareth - studying as a mature student gives you a different perspective (no pun intended), particularly with your existing knowledge, experience and equipment - if you get good tutors it'll open your mind up to seeing in different ways
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.