Can't find good DVD burning software
Posted 21/02/2008 - 12:37
Link
For my photos I mostly use Photoshop Elements to make the backups, but I also use Nero. Then I just back up an entire folder, which it does regardless of what extension the files have.
Posted 21/02/2008 - 12:40
Link
Any CD/DVD burning software should be able to write any file type, personaly I use Nero but it's not that cheap nowadys. However Picasa II (free from google) is a great piece of software for organising and backing up your image files, it will allow you to burn your image files (PEF, JPG, Tiff etc) to either a CD or DVD.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 21/02/2008 - 13:03
Link
Thank you. I will try Picasa, and see how that works.
Posted 27/02/2008 - 08:01
Link
They say that all good things in life are free, perhaps this does not apply to computer software.
When it comes to CD and DVD burning software I wouldn't trust freeware, but get a professional package like Nero Burning ROM or Roxio Easy Media Creator. After all, making backups is serious business, whether it is picture files or other documents.
Symantec's Norton Ghost is another alternative for backing up the whole disk.
When it comes to CD and DVD burning software I wouldn't trust freeware, but get a professional package like Nero Burning ROM or Roxio Easy Media Creator. After all, making backups is serious business, whether it is picture files or other documents.
Symantec's Norton Ghost is another alternative for backing up the whole disk.
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 27/02/2008 - 08:45
Link
"Tesco Easy Record"
It costs £10. Simple to use and very good results.
It costs £10. Simple to use and very good results.
Steve
-----
Keep your words soft and nice in case you have to eat them.
-----
Keep your words soft and nice in case you have to eat them.
Posted 27/02/2008 - 09:07
Link
A lot of excellent software is free. You can search for user reports and reviews to get a fair idea of whether a particular program is any good.
With backup or burning programs, there should be a "Verify" feature to ensure that what was copied is exactly the same as the original.
With backup or burning programs, there should be a "Verify" feature to ensure that what was copied is exactly the same as the original.
~Pete
Posted 27/02/2008 - 09:30
Link
If you are using Windows XP can'y you just drag and drop the files from the hard ddrive to the DVD writer in Explorer?
Posted 27/02/2008 - 11:00
Link
Quote:
When it comes to CD and DVD burning software I wouldn't trust freeware,
Balderdash When it comes to CD and DVD burning software I wouldn't trust freeware,
I write software for my "day job" and have seen good and bad free software, and good and bad paid for software.
Agree that Nero is very good, but there's also the superb "CDBurnerXP" which is free http://cdburnerxp.se/
Nero has all the smart media conversion stuff built in, but CDBurnerXP does a very, very good job of burning (and verifying) CD and DVDs.
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 27/02/2008 - 12:40
Link
Try Burnaware free edition, That's what I use as it was my kind of money!
http://www.download.com/BurnAware-Free-Edition/3000-2646_4-10784718.html?part=dl...
http://www.download.com/BurnAware-Free-Edition/3000-2646_4-10784718.html?part=dl...
K100D Super, 18-55, 50-200, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 70mm macro and lots of old lenses
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


66 posts
22 years