Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

can i use it

MrB
Posted 04/09/2013 - 19:41 Link
I have that same type of lens with an ME film camera, and it also works perfectly on a DSLR, so I can only suggest that it must be faulty.

Philip
stub
Posted 04/09/2013 - 20:22 Link
I have an AF version, works perfectly. Though I cant try it on a kx...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
Gamka
Posted 04/09/2013 - 20:54 Link
I have a 28-80 here - rarely (never) used and to be sold off.

Without looking at my one, I would immediately have said there would not be an issue as all K-mount will fit a DSLR body.

I have compared the images you have posted against mine and they look identical.

Have tried mine on bodies here and it fits nice and smoothly, clickly into place at exactly the right time. A press on te release button and it slides off.

The flange on your looks the same length as mine and the same length as the aperture lever. Just check that all screws on the mount are flush or lower there are 9 in total.
Algernon
Posted 05/09/2013 - 08:17 Link
That's the cheaper Non SMC version. Build quality is a bit iffy. It was probably made by the same factory that made the same lens with the Takumar badge.

The SMC version is one of the nicest lenses to use, that Pentax ever made, but the 'F' SMC version is slightly sharper which is a pity because I like the 'A' version.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 05/09/2013 - 08:18
Father Ted
Posted 05/09/2013 - 20:13 Link
johnriley wrote:
No, film camera lenses are fine, the mount hasn't changed. A mystery that we'd need to look at in the flesh to make any further sense of it.

I have a cheap lens which fitted my ME Super fine, but wouldn't fit my istDL
The "guard" by the aperture lever was longer than on my "modern" lenses.
Being me, I cut the guard down to the same length as on my other lenses and can now use it. (Not that I ever do )
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.