Can anyone recognise this Takumar lens?

misiek_knm
Posted 12/08/2009 - 21:34 Link
I found that lens on eBay, but the description is rather poor. I guess it might be K mount manual Takumar f:2.5 135mm, can anyone confirm?

What is the lens' quality? I'm a bit tempted... if the price won't go up
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
titchgamer
Posted 12/08/2009 - 22:08 Link
I think its the cheaper (takumar) version of my SMC pentax k 135 mm.

Fully manual lens and if its like mine not bad quality pics either.

These are some pics i took with mine: link

Cant be sure if it is the same lens beter ask the more experienced members
Lil Andy

K20D, PENTAX DA 18-55, TAMRON DI 70-300, PENTAX SMC-K 135 f2.5

www.ajohnson-photography.co.uk
Hardgravity
Posted 12/08/2009 - 22:35 Link
Looks like a K mount lens, widest aperture, going by the ring is f2.5 so a fast(ish) lens.

At a fiver it's worth a punt, but don't get carried away.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
pschlute
johnriley
Posted 12/08/2009 - 23:00 Link
That's the low cost Takumar (Bayonet) 135mm f2.5 manual focus lens. Probably worth going to £20 for. Not a bad lens at all, but no "A" on the aperture ring, so slightly less convenient on DSLRs.
Best regards, John
misiek_knm
Posted 12/08/2009 - 23:11 Link
Thank you all for the quick help I'll try to get it for £5 then, you're right John, it would be much better having "A" position...
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Pwynnej
Posted 13/08/2009 - 14:18 Link
It's a good lens.... rendered redundant by my 77 and 85 FA lenses
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
Bob and his Pentax
Posted 13/08/2009 - 14:25 Link
misiek_knm wrote:
I found that lens on eBay, but the description is rather poor. I guess it might be K mount manual Takumar f:2.5 135mm, can anyone confirm?
Yes correct ID, don't realy use mine on digital but I was happy with it in my film days
Good luck

Bob

Pentax user since 1978, Digital since 1997.
Kit includes: K-7, K20D, K10D, *istDS, full set DA* lens, etc

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo