Cable release
Posted 17/12/2006 - 20:45
Link
I got mine from Jacobs Photo, cost me about £19 at the time. they had to order it tho'. any dealer should be able to get you one.
I assume the remote is the same as the istD one, which also to my delight fired my MZ7.
I assume the remote is the same as the istD one, which also to my delight fired my MZ7.
Posted 17/12/2006 - 20:55
Link
It is the same one, mine purchased with my MZ6 works perfectly with my K100D. same goes for the remote.
Mike
Mike
Posted 18/12/2006 - 06:25
Link
I have seen three different ones on the net one is F can not remember, the others but there is no mention that they support the K100D?.
Kevin.
Kevin.
Kevin Goddard
Posted 18/12/2006 - 10:33
Link
Yes it looks like the K10D uses the same remote control and cable release as previous pentax digital SLR's.
Posted 18/12/2006 - 11:01
Link
Your looking for Pentax Remote Control F, £17.99 from Park Cameras, very good price IMO, I've ordered one too.
http://www.parkcameras.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/3507/groupID/6/categoryID/88/v/dfaab26f-18d8-4bb1-8c9c-33e218bfa7a0
Edit
Another good thing about the K10D, you can fire it with the remote from the rear as well as the front (*istD has the sensor at the front only).
http://www.parkcameras.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/3507/groupID/6/categoryID/88/v/dfaab26f-18d8-4bb1-8c9c-33e218bfa7a0
Edit
Another good thing about the K10D, you can fire it with the remote from the rear as well as the front (*istD has the sensor at the front only).
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 18/12/2006 - 12:30
Link
Thanks for that folks I shall get my self one.
By the way I have heard that TV Uni controller from pound land will also fire it?
By the way I have heard that TV Uni controller from pound land will also fire it?
Kevin Goddard
Posted 18/12/2006 - 12:57
Link
Quote:
By the way I have heard that TV Uni controller from pound land will also fire it?
That's right. Although I can't remember which make of universal TV remote I use right now.. (I've put it err.. somewhere safe) I'll check later.. it certainly works on my DL.By the way I have heard that TV Uni controller from pound land will also fire it?
Cheers
Liam
Liam
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
Posted 18/12/2006 - 12:57
Link
I use a cheap 1 for all TV remote with my *ist DL2. Works fine but the range isn't very good, a few feet at best.
The same remote doesn't fire my MZ7 though.
The same remote doesn't fire my MZ7 though.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


12 posts
19 years
Suffolk UK.
Thanks Kevin.