Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

buying a selling feedback

pentaxanne
Posted 16/10/2010 - 11:50 Link
Hi all just wonder what people think about having something done so when people buy and sell, people can rate them, leave feedback, I think this helps alot when it comes to buying stuff.
TonyM
Posted 16/10/2010 - 12:04 Link
I agree. Personally I tend to get a feel from having been on this forum for a while, but a separate "Feedback" thread would allow for mutual updates on any transaction. Of course, people could conspire, so caveat emptor still applies, but it would still be a useful tool IMHO.

Cheers

Tony
Dangermouse
Posted 16/10/2010 - 12:40 Link
A good idea, with the caveat that feedback should not be posted until the seller has had a chance to sort things out (in event of a problem). If you've posted a camera which worked perfectly when it left you, and despite your wrapping it in multiple layers of bubble wrap it still arrives non-functional, it's a bit unfair to immediately have a black mark against your name before you can come to an agreement with the buyer as to how to proceed.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
mowog
Posted 16/10/2010 - 15:08 Link
I don't think it's a good idea. A potential for public conflict and resentment, here. Anyway... Not needed. We are all jolly decent people, reasonably well known to each other through our postings, who would not think to deal in any way but fairly and honestly, with fellow forum members. The classified section is not a very big part of this forum. Very little activity there, really.
Leave feedback to ebay.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.

Mowog.
Gwyn
Posted 16/10/2010 - 15:30 Link
I'm with mowog on this one.

Generally the buyer posts to say everything arrived OK and as advertised any way, so why bother with a feedback section which could lead to lots of problems.
Edited by Gwyn: 16/10/2010 - 15:31
doingthebobs
Posted 16/10/2010 - 15:34 Link
When ever I have bought/sold through this forum I make a point of leaving a 'public thanks' on the thread, as many others do. This is both polite and confirms a good mutual trade to others.

This isn't ebay and generally a trade on the classifieds is a trade between friends.
If there is a problem, the best place to sort it out is via personal messages, in private.
Bob
johnriley
Posted 16/10/2010 - 16:14 Link
This is why the threads are all left open - plenty of time for anyone to exchange feedback posts.

Also, a successful string of transactions can be easily seen by all.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.