Butterfly Hunting

Lubbyman

Link Posted 25/07/2022 - 19:14
A couple of knowledgeable friends took me butterfly hunting yesterday. The hunt took place at Higher Hyde heathland nature reserve. Given the blustery and not very hot weather, we thought it would be a difficult hunt. In fact, the butterflies seemed to be throwing themselves at us. The only problem was that they prefered to be on the wing rather than stationary. But some obliged. Here are some of the better shots. K3 + DA*300mm (forgot to take the 1.4TC along... ).

Thoughts, comments etc. welcome as usual.

Steve

Defragged

Link Posted 25/07/2022 - 19:48
Beautiful Comma but they're all well captured. Metaphorically speaking of course.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

davidwozhere

Link Posted 26/07/2022 - 00:15
Defragged wrote:
Beautiful Comma but they're all well captured. Metaphorically speaking of course.

Indeed - the commas especially.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

takuman

Link Posted 26/07/2022 - 08:35
Beautiful flutterbys as one of my granddaughters calls them
Just passing thru

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/07/2022 - 20:00
Lovely selection - no.4 is that little bit different, not as bitingly sharp due to the wing movement - really like it
LennyBloke

Lubbyman

Link Posted 27/07/2022 - 10:00
Thanks folks.

No. 4 with the fluttering wings was a 'boy meets girl' moment. The boy landed, approached the girl, they fluttered their wings furiously for a while, and then ... the boy moved off. In the next shot I took, he has put a blade of grass between him and the girl. Teasing her? Playing hard to get? Or she just wasn't his type? We will never know.

Steve

LennyBloke

Link Posted 27/07/2022 - 10:41
Lubbyman wrote:
Thanks folks.

No. 4 with the fluttering wings was a 'boy meets girl' moment. The boy landed, approached the girl, they fluttered their wings furiously for a while, and then ... the boy moved off. In the next shot I took, he has put a blade of grass between him and the girl. Teasing her? Playing hard to get? Or she just wasn't his type? We will never know.

Steve

...if only he'd had a "Wing Man" with him I'll get my coat
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.