Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Bushy Park

Mike-P
Posted 20/09/2014 - 21:44 Link
Thinking of going in the next couple of weeks for the Deer rutting season, anyone been and can give me an idea of what length of lens I am likely to need?

Thanks.
Posted 20/09/2014 - 23:24 Link
as long as you can bring if my experience is anything to go by...
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
pschlute
Posted 21/09/2014 - 01:11 Link
The longest lens in your bag. You do not want to get close to a Stag in must.
fritzthedog
Posted 21/09/2014 - 09:36 Link
I don't know Bushy Park but at my local favorite for Deer (Studley Royal) you can get closer to the rutting than you want to - last year they were going for it in the middle of the car park and the picnic area on the banks of the lake - I was actually too close to use the lens I had on the camera - and too busy getting away!

I usually have the 150-500 and 70-200 for the closer shots.

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
gartmore
Posted 21/09/2014 - 11:23 Link
I opened my front door one morning and there was one grazing in my garden and I live in the centre of Glasgow!
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Mike-P
Posted 21/09/2014 - 11:33 Link
Thanks folks.

Thinking 17-70mm, 60-250mm and 300mm with th DA 1.4x then.

Or do I just take the 50-500mm OS
Gwyn
Posted 21/09/2014 - 12:10 Link
Take the selection. Consider Richmond Park too for rutting deer.
gartmore
Posted 22/09/2014 - 13:17 Link
I thought this might be more Mike's sort of location link
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.