Built in flash K10d

skronk
Posted 26/01/2008 - 16:31 Link
Have not used camera much since purchase. Mostly outside. However my daughter is due her 1st baby soon and I have been messing around flash wise.

I note that even when set on flash does not always fire. I do not understand this as my small minolta fires every time when set at the same scene. Could the K10d be faulty or am I doing something wrong. I am sick reading the instructions and cannot get it to fire every time.

What setting should make the flash fire all and every time?

Thanks
__________________________
Best Regards

Skronk
amoringello
Posted 26/01/2008 - 21:37 Link
Is the flash recharging fully? There is a setting to force the camare to wait for the flash to recharge or to let it fire even when the flash is not ready.
Of course if you're talking about pictures taken quite some time apart (morethan a few seconds), then it could be a flash issue.

Also, do you have your camera set to the green mode (green block above the P Sv Tv Av dial)?
In this mode, the flash will only fire when the camera "thinks" it is necessary - i.e. when there is enough light, the flash will not fire.
Generally use P mode, at worst. Probably better to use one of the other modes, but if you're new to how Tv and Av work, stick with P for now.
terje-l
Posted 29/01/2008 - 22:00 Link
And, by the way, in the P, Tv and Av modes you will have to pop up the flash by pressing the small button marked (flash) UP.
Best regards
Terry

K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo