Bug chasing

derek897
Posted 22/08/2017 - 22:33 Link
Spotted this lad on a nettle in the garden, and again later on on the hydrangea.
Don't know what it is.

Comment Image
IMGP9558edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP9562edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP9566edcrpsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP9578ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
I know what i like, If not always why.
JAK
Posted 22/08/2017 - 22:43 - Helpful Comment Link
Very good. It's definitely a shieldbug, possibly the Hawthorn Shieldbug. Looks like you were on first name terms!
John K
Edited by JAK: 22/08/2017 - 22:44
derek897
Posted 22/08/2017 - 22:59 Link
Cheers John, it doesn't seem to have the wing segments that were on the let shield bug I saw. Could it be a young one ? Or do some not have wings ?
I know what i like, If not always why.
JAK
Posted 22/08/2017 - 23:16 - Helpful Comment Link
There's different stages . Have a look at this. IMHO, yours looks to be the 4th or 5th instar, so nearly an adult.
John K
Edited by JAK: 22/08/2017 - 23:18
Kevriano
Posted 23/08/2017 - 06:43 Link
Very nice shots. I agree with JAK.
K3, K3 II, 100MM 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20 3.5, Sigma 17-50 2.8, Nikon D7500, Tamron 150 600 G2

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo