Bucks, Beds

iofred

Link Posted 05/05/2010 - 05:30
Hello all,
are there any local groups in the Bucks/Beds area??
Regards
Fred de Klein
Pentax K-x, Standard Lens Kit, 18-55 & 50-200,
Pentax SMC DFA Macro 100mm F2.8
... soon to be strengthened by Tamron 70-300mm F4-5.6
Milton Keynes, UK

Have mercy ... requires a lot of help

CoDa

Link Posted 05/05/2010 - 08:51
There are I belive a few people in the area. I live in Bedford, so at some stage we could meetup (very busy at the moment)

I do not know if there is a local Pentax user group, somebody will tell us if there is.

There are local areas that could be good for a meet i.e. Ampthill park, Houghton House, Willen Lake etc. etc.

Regards
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

hefty1

Link Posted 05/05/2010 - 09:33
There isn't a regular group as such, but we did have a meeting up at Stowe last year. There are a few of us from around these parts on the forum, might be time to have another get together in the not-too-distant future?
Joining the Q

iofred

Link Posted 05/05/2010 - 09:34
Cool, looking forward to that
Regards
Fred de Klein
Pentax K-x, Standard Lens Kit, 18-55 & 50-200,
Pentax SMC DFA Macro 100mm F2.8
... soon to be strengthened by Tamron 70-300mm F4-5.6
Milton Keynes, UK

Have mercy ... requires a lot of help

hefty1

Link Posted 05/05/2010 - 09:48
Well if anyone has any suggestions for a date and a venue then we may as well put them in this thread. I'd be quite happy to go to Stowe again as it's such a picturesque venue, but equally I'd be happy to go somewhere new. What've you got in MK that's worth a day out?

As for dates, Sundays work best for me and I know the same holds true for Danny (Unlocker) and Fiona (Utopia Poppy) who I'm sure would both come along.
Joining the Q

Gwyn

Link Posted 05/05/2010 - 09:54
If there is enough notice of it and I and big brother (he of Concorde fame) are not booked up then I might be able to make it. Time I visited the old fart anyway.

A bit vague I know and you don't need to take account of me, but can you keep the discussion on the forum, not in PMs please?

CoDa

Link Posted 05/05/2010 - 09:55
Sundays are Ok with me, just need some notice thats all.
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”

hefty1

Link Posted 05/05/2010 - 09:57
Gwyn wrote:
A bit vague I know and you don't need to take account of me, but can you keep the discussion on the forum, not in PMs please?

Don't worry Gwyn, I'm sure we'll keep it all out in the open.
Joining the Q

womble

Link Posted 05/05/2010 - 10:55
I'm pretty close too although between the archaeological society and an American girlfriend I tend to be away/busy a fair bit.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Unlocker

Link Posted 05/05/2010 - 11:59
We're always up for a Sunday meet, as long as we're not booked, we'll be there!

We're National Trust members, so anywhere we haven't done would be great, but open to all ideas!

Got anything in mind?

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 05/05/2010 - 13:03
Much as I'd like to join you all again, I don't have a free Sunday until August, and I'm sure those Sundays will be booked up before too long too.

I'll keep an eye on this thread though, just in case...

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...

CoDa

Link Posted 04/07/2010 - 19:56
Any updates on this?
Colin

hefty1

Link Posted 05/07/2010 - 23:18
Eh, no. Feel free to make a suggestion though if you have anything in mind
Joining the Q
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.