Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

BTCC Silverstone 2015

carmagw
Posted 05/10/2015 - 18:27 Link
Some shots from my recent visit to Silverstone to watch the British Touring Car Championship.

No 1
Comment Image

No 2
Comment Image

No 3
Comment Image

No 4
Comment Image

No 5
Comment Image

No 6
Comment Image

No 7
Comment Image

No 8
Comment Image

No 9
Comment Image

No 10
Comment Image

No 11
Comment Image

No 12
Comment Image

No 13
Comment Image

No 14
Comment Image

No 15
Comment Image

No 16
Comment Image

Feel free to comment.

Shots taken with a K5iis , K3 with DA17-70, sigma 100-300 F4 and Pentax 300F4 + 1.4 TC.

Regards

George
08tiger
Posted 06/10/2015 - 09:06 Link
a good mix
C&C welcome.
Don.
bforbes
Posted 06/10/2015 - 19:06 Link
08tiger wrote:
a good mix

I also like the subject variation in these
carmagw
Posted 09/10/2015 - 16:16 Link
Thanks for your comments.

Regards

George
Puggy
Posted 09/10/2015 - 17:42 Link
Great set. Like the Porsche with brake disks glowing (panning at that shutter speed at 300mm is beyond my skills) you had some good access there. I was restricted to shooting from silverstone six and luffield grandstands. I'd love a few tips for good spots for next year

I put mine on FB if you fancy a look

link

and my page where i've sorted photos by driver to be a but different

link
My Photos link
Me link
Edited by Puggy: 09/10/2015 - 17:49
carmagw
Posted 10/10/2015 - 12:32 Link
Puggy wrote:
Great set. Like the Porsche with brake disks glowing (panning at that shutter speed at 300mm is beyond my skills) you had some good access there. I was restricted to shooting from silverstone six and luffield grandstands. I'd love a few tips for good spots for next year

I put mine on FB if you fancy a look

Thanks Peter, just realised I'm already following you on facebook, not realised you and Puggy were one and the same ! - some nice shots on facebook, I missed the pitwalk so didn't get any close ups of the drivers.

I had the standard general admission with only additional access being when a couple of the teams let me in to take a picture of the cars in the garage when having a walk round the paddock. All action shots were taken from Copse (looking down start/finish), Woodcote (looking at Brooklands and up Wellington Straight) and Luffield (similar to you).

The shots looking up the start/finish straight and Wellington Straight have all been cropped and taken with the 300 + 1.4 TC, something a bit longer may have been better. I have to confess finding it easier (and prefer) to take pictures at Oulton Park and Donington where there's areas without crash fencing and nicer backdrops.

Regards

George

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.