Brownsea Island - September 2021 - part three

LennyBloke

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 17:31
For such a relatively small island (2.4km x 1.2km) the variety of scenery, flora and fauna is superb and Poole harbour (in which it sits) is the 2nd deepest natural harbour in the world. Hugh ferries, yachts, canoes and craft of all types can be seen passing by all day and some of the night, it's quite un-nerving to be sat in one of the rooms of the castle to be distracted by the side of a channel islands ferry filling the window

1. Spider Spy

2. Spider on the Heath

3. Nearly but not quite (I was manually focusing on the Moon when I spotted the Airplane crossing the viewfinder - I tried to tweak but didn't quite nail it )

4. Sandbanks by Moonlight

5. Special Forces by Sea? (can't be certain what these guys are but they travelled out of the harbour at speed each day)

6. Silver Bay

7. A poor Ansel Adams impersonation (my inspiration for getting into photography as a teenager, I've often tried and never succeeded in emulating the great master artist)

8. Heather detail (there is a beautiful heath covered in pink and purple heathers and yellow gorse in the centre of the island)

9. Gossamer in the Gorse

10. Three birds walk into a bar....

11. Formation Flypast (not sure what make and model they are?)

12. Molten Mercury (or pebbles under the sea)

LennyBloke

HarisF1

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 18:30
Either this set or Part Two for me, I love the abstract no.9 here as well as your great choice of colours for 1, 2, 4 and 6.

Bravo!

Oh and 12 is just lovely and refreshing.
All the gear with no idea
Last Edited by HarisF1 on 27/09/2021 - 18:31

Benz3ne

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 19:44
Iíve loved flicking through all of these on Flickr.
Looks like youíve had an excellent time.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 27/09/2021 - 19:44

myles

Link Posted 28/09/2021 - 00:14
I think No. 11 may be a flight of oystercatchers. However, the more knowledgeable ones here may well shoot me down in flames!

davidwozhere

Link Posted 28/09/2021 - 01:26
Wonderful set.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

psburnley

Link Posted 28/09/2021 - 17:15
Many interesting photos in the Brownsea sets. Canít pick a favourite as so many different styles. The first is a lovely clean image.

pschlute

Link Posted 28/09/2021 - 20:21
No 4 for me John
Peter

My Flickr page

Sry

Link Posted 01/10/2021 - 22:08
Great reportage in these four sets LennyB. But as an individual image the water pebbles in this set stand out for me.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.